2014 Chevy SS

T-Bag

Richard just reminded me to post this. I actually wasn't aware these existed up until a few days ago when member here Travieso informed me. What do you guys think?

2014 Chevy SS Sports Sedan

6.2L, 6-speed automatic transmission, 415-horsepower 6.2L V8 with the capability of TAPshift® and StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control, and the traction of a limited-slip rear differential to create one fast sport sedan — reaching 60 mph in 5 seconds. And race-proven Brembo® 4-piston brakes with two-piece aluminum front calipers and massive 14-inch rotors are ready to stand up to repeated hard stops.

I actually really like it, will be checking one out in person soon. There are a few a few miles from home in Van Nuys.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html

Edited by NoMoreBadAssSilvy (see edit history)

Liked it better as a Pontiac g8 gxp styling wise, but this one has potential on what you can make look like. Actually kind of glad it wasn't named the chevelle would have sullied the name if the car wasn't the right image especially if it is a rebadged commodore even though I do love commodores. I would buy the SS just need to test drive it

Saw one at the international auto show. Didn't even know is was an SS unit I got close enough to see the Brembos. I think the exterior styling went down 5 points. However the interior styling and creature comforts went up 5 points. The fact that you can't get it in a manual....down another 5 points.

5 years of innovation from GM and its the same speed as the GXP. Heck my GT with bolt ons went faster and looked 10 times better. I would have like to see some other engine and trans options. Word on the street if GM sells 3000 units a year they will "consider" other engine and trans options. However I have yet to see one on the road...which leads me to believe it will never happen.

Funny thing is if you go to the dealer and get one "fully loaded" it means you got a full size spare and a sun roof. I wouldn't be surprised if the values of the SS fall as quickly as the other malibus and impalas.

Yeah plus for the price a person might as well get a used CTS-V. I was trying to buy an 11 CTS-V w/38K on it for 43K. Look at how much more you get for the same price.

And thats the exact reason I bought a V. SOOO much more car and SOOO much more potential . I have a a CAI, tune and cut outs and put down 562hp at the wheels. I think the dyno was a little generous but still a good number. Smaller pulley and big a$$ heat exchanger will be install by the end of the week so we shall see how my numbers are after that.

Why can't people just be happy that the option of a rwd sedan is available. Nothing but not-picking for little reason. If it's not fast enough, it's not like we can't mod them. Comparing it to a cts-v is apples to oranges. New vs New it's over a 20k difference. Personally I like the ss and if I could I'd get one

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk