Shop Install Prices for 3/4 Kits

all_individual

• 2 weeks later...

UPDA TE-

So I have a reputable shop performing the install now at a competitive price. The front is complete, but the rear is lagging. The rear leaf spring bushing is seized and they can't get the bolt out without needing to replace the bushing. After calling around to find a replacement bushing, they find out it is has been discontinued, and they can't even find an aftermarket one from your local Napa, Advanced, etc. luckily we found a dealer who still has a few and is going to overnight the bushings. Therefore, I still won't have my truck back until Tuesday once the bushings arrive.

Am I just crazy, or does this sound silly? Nobody carries a typical leaf spring bushing? I'm thinking they are only looking for a specific "SS" bushing whereas they could still find a typical bushing from any 03 Silverado/Tahoe etc....sigh...

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE -

Truck is finished, had to replace the leaf spring bushings...after being quoted $625 w/ alignment, I still ended up paying $900 after it was all said and done. I'm pretty happy with the install, now I just need to cure the reverse rake. Hate it, and anticipated it. My front end sits ~ 1/2" higher than the rear. I'm hoping the front will settle more than the rear but no luck yet. What can I do to drop the front another 1/2" - 1"?

WIll post pics soon as the weather has been crappy this past week.

Ya definitely the torsion bars. The 3/4 drop on these trucks have the rear sittin slightly higher then the front if it's truly at a 3" in the front. I personally perfect the front to sit higher then the back.

After I installed the lowering kit and was at the alignment shop I had them toy with the torsion bars so it sat exactly the same front center of wheel to start of fender, took but a few minutes and then they aligned it.

• 4 weeks later...