My New Carry!!

JC03SS

That's great to hear Jason. I am getting one BUT I'm getting the 9mm. Not sure why it is but my local gun dealer has several used and a few new XDs 45cal but zero XDs 9mm. This got my thinking that more people like the 9mm over the 45cal (recoil I'm sure) so I ordered the 9mm.

Tell you the truth it does kick a little but I have a hell of a grip lol. Doesn't bother me at all. We had tons of 9's here and had to hunt for the 45. It's all preference. It's not a target gun it's for protection so a little kick if I ever had to use it I won't be able to tell. You wi like it I'm sure.

Nice piece. I've had my xd 40 for two years now with over 2000 rounds ran through her and never a hiccup. ..

Thanks. They do make some good pieces.

That's great to hear Jason. I am getting one BUT I'm getting the 9mm. Not sure why it is but my local gun dealer has several used and a few new XDs 45cal but zero XDs 9mm. This got my thinking that more people like the 9mm over the 45cal (recoil I'm sure) so I ordered the 9mm.

Probably because 9mm ammo is so cheap right now. I love my xds .45.

Just got the xds .45acp myself. Ran about 250 rounds through it this past weekend to break it in. Great little gun. Gotta pick up some G2 RIP ammo for carry. Lol. I'm sure it'll stop a bear in its tracks. Or some **** trying to steal my truck. :lol:

Nice looking piece. So is it a subcompact? I have a XD subcompact and I was looking for a .45 and was told they didn't make a .45 in a subcompact. I had to get a .40 so I'm now wondering if the retailer was feeding me lies. I love my xd sub. fun gun. I put 200 through it the first weekend I had it. nice shooting gun for being so small.

Yeah. The xds is a subcompact. They have a .45acp and 9mm. All black or black and machined silver like Jason's. My buddy has the xdm .40. It's a badass gun as well. Probably more practical. It's not too much bigger, and holds 16+1 .40s, opposed to the single stack 5+1 or 6+1 extended mag of the xds .45. The xds is thinner and slightly shorter. It's a good carry gun. The recoil really isn't bad at all. The adrenaline just from shooting it masks the recoil entirely. You can shoot 200 rounds through it in a trip to the range and be totally fine. I haven't shot +P rounds out of yet though. I don't see them being too much different. RIP ammo looks badass. Wanting to get a box and try it out. I'm waiting for them to produce the .223 /5.56 rounds. Those would be brutal. They're website says they have plans to make them. I'm in the market for a Colt .223 M4 Carbine too if anyone is selling. Lol.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Hmm then My local gun store is full of it. I went in looking .45. I had shot my buddys XDM .45 a few times and I liked it. But I wanted a handgun I could carry. So I went with a subcompact but I bought the .40 because according to the gu he said they didn't make a springfield didn't make a subcompact .45. IMG_0463.jpgIMG_0465.jpg

post-21185-0-32251000-1414861137_thumb.jpg

post-21185-0-19811000-1414861201_thumb.jpg

post-21185-0-68962700-1414861268_thumb.jpg

Just got this new Diamond Back 380. It's small. It goes in my pocket all the time haha. The 45 goes with me everywhere as well sometimes it stays in the truck depending where I'm going. Both have shot great so far. Love the 45 tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wife just got me a XDm 9mm fullsize for Christmas. Add to the 1911 range officer from 2 Christmas ago. Love love love how this XDm shoots. Awesome gun. I was looking at the same xds sub compact .45 u got Jason, for the wife. Got her a 380 LCP rugar. 4th 6-round mag through it and the whole slide fell off when she was shooting. I hate that damn thing now and can never trust it again.

89C3D9E6-859C-4588-BAF9-B96FA259B7D7_zps

57E4F70C-EC2A-4FA3-9CE3-33CF0101DFF9_zps

They looks Sweet. I've heard nothing but good about them. Sorry to here about the ruger. Just got a 380 myself it's a diamond back it's super light and I carry it in my front pocket. The 45 has not missed a luck yet either and it doesn't kick as bad as you would think.

post-21185-0-87071900-1418687604_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...