2WD 4L60E crawling

4Runner

I don't really know where to put this so I'll just put it here. I have a question. I don't know if anyone will know this but it's worth a shot. I am building a LT1383 backed up to a 60E. I don't know what kind of power I'm going to be making but it's more then stock and I'll be spinning 42" tall tires. It is rebuilt and has a shift kit. Do you think that this will hold up to rock crawling?? Thanks in advance

Back when I worked on this I didn't know any better. And it may be. Had a shop do it. Told him what I wanted it for and handed it to him. I put 13,000 on it and now it's been sitting with the motor for 4+ years. Just getting ready to finish it finally

• 4 weeks later...

If the 60E has any decent parts in it and has a good cooler it should be fine. The 3.06 first gear in the 60E make it a decent crawler as long as the diff's and t-case have gearing to back your 42's. I would assume you're up in the 5.38 range for gear ratio?

• 1 month later...

No. I'm running 4:88's and if I need more torque/power I'll do what's called a doubler kit and do 4:10's. I have heard problems more about cases breaking. I don't know

• 1 month later...

Running a 4.88 gear and a 42" tire is quite conservative. The case should be able to handle it, but if you're concerned step up to the newer style case with the removable bell housing which is alot stronger.