SLP Loudmouth 2 on a SS

AWDCrazy

Has anyone ever built a custom side exit exhaust using SLP Loudmouth 2 resonators ? I ran SLP on my SRT8 and Cobra and love there sound and since buying the SS I hate the Flowmaster cat back with the ugly tip that it came with and noticed there isn't that many options out there other than the played out split dual. Has anyone built a custom with the SLP canisters or used them to replace any of the other brands? Any pics

I just got mine done a couple weeks ago. Went with a si/so muffler and turndown, because I really don't like any of the dual mufflers. I just cut the stock muffler off, threw on a Y pipe right there, ran a couple of bullshit adapters I needed, and turndown just before the shock

huhahyqu.jpg

upuryga2.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

It's loud accelerating in that dreaded 2k rpm range, but is awesome at idle and cruising. It's an aeroturbine muffler. Are you trying to run two mufflers or one

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

I'm liking the price on the pacesetter long tubes and off road y pipe so I will either go back into 2 loudmouth canisters then 2 square angle cuts in front off pas rear tire or just run 1 3 inch to the new SLP dual 3.5 tip that they sell for the 6.2 escalade. I'm with u on the sucky ness of the cat backs offered for our trucks. I don't want Gibson, magnaflow is played, Flowmaster was cool on my 5.0 in the 90s. The Corsa is expensive and doesn't look like it sets off alarms. Plus I hate duals out the back on a pick up. The SLPs I had on my last car were the nastiest roar.

Slp will prob sound a bit diffrent on the truck than car. It's all in what you want. Me personally I like a deep rumble. I don't like rasp. I don't want crackling noise coming out my exhaust. In my op on these trucks magnaflow corsa n Borla are the ones I'd go with.

On magnaflow I want a loud deep one but I have no clue what to get

Me and Muggss have a 2.5 dual in and out and it's just perfect I couldn't be happier with it. Has a built in x pipe as well. Great muffler. When cutouts are open you can tell just how good the muffler works lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I ran the slp loudmouth I's for years, with longtubes and no cats, it was mean, loud, and nasty. LOL I never had any drone though, I later added a couple borla resonated tips that brought the tone down alot. Thats just one of many exhaust I have ran over the years. Can't pass anyone at WOT though, you will scare the crap out of them.