Looking for 13s, on a quest for 12s stock long block

BLOWN SS/T

I was going to run a Mickey Thompson drag radial but ended up getting a deal on Hoosier stiff wall slicks, 28x10.5x15. I'll be ordering a 15" wheel tomorrow and should be here mid week.

Going to be out of town for valentines day and back home on Saturday, the wife will be doing a running marathon in the morning while ill be getting ready to go to the track lol

post-12433-139201911894_thumb.jpg

Engine mods are minimal at this point

1 3/4 pacesetter LT's, 3" ORY into stock 3.5" Duramax exhaust with e-cutout

Yank P.A.S. 3400 stall

Aem CAI with K&N filter

TBSS intake stock 78mm TB

PCM bought from someone who said it had a tune lol, drives like crap and has a CEL after cat delete.

post-12433-139201838141_thumb.jpgpost-12433-139201840039_thumb.jpg

So I'll post back Saturday and let you guys know if I'm able to bust out a 13.

Fastest for me so far was a 14.2 in the summer running 22s and leaving slowly till after with about a 2.2 60' time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I have gone threw so far, I can bet with the slicks working right, and not over gripping. You should hit somewhere in the high 13's. 12's with a true stock long block, just wont happen. With a decent sized cam, 12's are do able with the right suspension setup. I do not like stiff walls personally and think a slick is just too much for our underpowered trucks. I prefer a DR a 275-295 50 size. something 28" tall. Getting the suspension loading and unloading correctly to get the motion moving forward will help tons as opposed to slicks. A set of cal tracs, or smith racecraft assasin bars are a must. I personally think a double adjustable schock all the way around would help out tremendously to get her moving. The awd guys here are biased for their awd, but i will put up my 2wd against any awd mod for mod at the track and walk them all day long. They dont need theirs to load and unload as much as us, but it really isnt that tricky to figure out. I have a couple good reads in my favorites if you want any info about it.

It's true, I'll put up money on my truck mod for mod against an AWD. I've ran one that was supposedly the fastes SS around a city I was driving around and buddy set the race up.

To say the least the guy was both pissed and couldn't understand how he lost.

And for the tune, I bought the PCM off a member from here and the tuner is semi local. He uses a basic tune, and this one is set up for basic bolt on's, exhaust shorty headers, cai, and speedo removed. I was suppose to visit the tuner to have re map and work out the converter, but I'm planning on ordering another Efi live or hp and have zippy do his thing.

13s will happen guys if it doesn't with these slicks it's like GI said gonna need the DR's (that was my exact delima when I bought these).

12s would be Cam only, so bolt on's plus cam.

I'll have to tweak a few things, like mess with cam specs and converter.

I have an ls3 that I'll be swapping in here but I figured I might as well get this lq9 into a 12 before I do. And it can and will be done (given the lq9 doesn't go before I get the chance) I love boost but it's not the only way to get into a 12. If I were boosting this engine I'd be looking for 10s.

Shoot the reads GI

Wheels are on order and should have them Friday.

Went with a 15x8 6x5.5 5.25bs and should weigh 18lbs and slicks are around 22lbs

GI, I ended up calling diamond racing wheels, and they could make a 15x10 with 6.5 bs for $86 but they would weigh 32lbs a piece, so I went with these to reduce the rotational mass. Every bit counts but I am thinking the DR's might be a better choice for optimal times at the track. Given the DR's help on the big end. Might just have to use these for the street, and pick up a set of DR's.

It's an American Racing wheel, they state the shipping weight is 18lbs a piece. So I sure hope that's true lol

If it is I think it's a deal, I mean they won't be the beautiful bogarts but for what I need them and at the cost they should be good.

Also got a gallon of the old VHT. I'll probably end up running that tbss from a dig again, looking to put that AWD to shame :)

I was going to run a Mickey Thompson drag radial but ended up getting a deal on Hoosier stiff wall slicks, 28x10.5x15. I'll be ordering a 15" wheel tomorrow and should be here mid week.

Going to be out of town for valentines day and back home on Saturday, the wife will be doing a running marathon in the morning while ill be getting ready to go to the track lol

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1392019117.113940.jpg

Engine mods are minimal at this point

1 3/4 pacesetter LT's, 3" ORY into stock 3.5" Duramax exhaust with e-cutout

Yank P.A.S. 3400 stall

Aem CAI with K&N filter

TBSS intake stock 78mm TB

PCM bought from someone who said it had a tune lol, drives like crap and has a CEL after cat delete.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1392018379.408970.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1392018397.178525.jpg

So I'll post back Saturday and let you guys know if I'm able to bust out a 13.

Fastest for me so far was a 14.2 in the summer running 22s and leaving slowly till after with about a 2.2 60' time.

If you ran a 14.2 that's pretty good with those mods. I hope you hit a 13 but I doubt it. 14.2 is faster than most

If you ran a 14.2 that's pretty good with those mods. I hope you hit a 13 but I doubt it. 14.2 is faster than most

Just digger up my track time slips. So originally looks like 15.2 with flowmasters and 23" wheels.

And the fastest to date is 14.299 @94.3mph 60' 2.103 leaving at less then half throttle and then smashing past the 60'

Mods at that time where stall, cai, and tune only on the 22" reps.

So the difference now will be LT's, ORY, and tbss with the smaller 78mm tb.

I'm going to try flashing the converter and then stalling hopefully I can get a few runs without breaking anything. I've always had better luck with flashing converters then brake stalling in the past.

I know I'm gonna turn 13, just really having high hopes and wanna see how deep into the 13s it'll go, lol that way I won't have to much more time to shave off.

Yup, 14.2 is a good time for those mods with a bad tune. What's the DA at your track usually?

The local track is at about 300ft elevation. I'd have to run the stats to figure out the DA from that pass.

Just 2 weeks ago there was a private track rental, I didn't have any slicks at the time but out curiosity I ran the numbers to check the D/A and it was something like -800. Would have been perfect for some passes. Weather is going to be a little warmer this Saturday but ill run the numbers that day to check D/A.

The local track is at about 300ft elevation. I'd have to run the stats to figure out the DA from that pass.

Just 2 weeks ago there was a private track rental, I didn't have any slicks at the time but out curiosity I ran the numbers to check the D/A and it was something like -800. Would have been perfect for some passes. Weather is going to be a little warmer this Saturday but ill run the numbers that day to check D/A.

Nice air!!!