Key fob ?'s

GI.SS

When I bought my truck I never received the keyless entry remote. It had some aftermarket crap which didn't work. I yanked all the nonsense out. Can I just buy a new remote and program and retain all factory options? It also has an aftermarket radio with interface if that matters.

you would be able to get it set back to factory with oem fobs, you might have to install your factory radio inorder to program since security is ran thru it, not 100% sure tho. IK i had to re install my factory radio when i had to put in a new BCM in, since my old one fryed, they couldnt program my security settings with the aftermarket radio in there

you would be able to get it set back to factory with oem fobs, you might have to install your factory radio inorder to program since security is ran thru it, not 100% sure tho. IK i had to re install my factory radio when i had to put in a new BCM in, since my old one fryed, they couldnt program my security settings with the aftermarket radio in there just a FYI let us kno if it makes a difference with just fobs

edit::

IDK how it got posted twice lol

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Got a link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-CHEVY-GMC-SUV-TRUCK-KEY-KEYLESS-REMOTE-FOB-LHJ011-Free-Programming-/280911445707?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4167a07ecb&vxp=mtr , Heres the remotes

You must have all remotes including working ones when performing this procedure.

1. Close all doors.

2. Insert key into the ignition.

3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.

4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)

5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. If locks cycle then continue to step 6.(if the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to step 1. If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicles system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there's a problem with the vehicles system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.

6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.

7. NOW repeat step 6. for all additional remotes including working ones.

8. After step 6. has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.

9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key and test all remotes.

Programming instructions

So after reading, I don't need old key fobs's. Basically I receive new fobs, put truck into programming mode, program remote #1, then remaining, and then exit programming mode via instructions above.

So after reading, I don't need old key fobs's. Basically I receive new fobs, put truck into programming mode, program remote #1, then remaining, and then exit programming mode via instructions above.

Yeah , Those are the instructions the ebay seller gave me , my sss didnt come with any key fos either

Yeah , Those are the instructions the ebay seller gave me , my sss didnt come with any key fos either

me too. Had none. Ordered 2, was programmed in 5 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk