Pros/Cons of Rhino liner

lilmarv1117

I do not know too much about Rhino liners. My Dad is looking into lining the bed of his pickup truck, but the guy he talked to was pushing him away from the Rhino liner, and towards the plastic liner. He is looking to protect his truck bed from scratches, etc. from light to moderate seasonal hauling of tree limbs, scrubs, and household items (as needed). I was never a big fan of the plastic liner. From the minimal research I have done, it seems like the best way would be to do the Rhino liner for maximal protection. I am looking for some personal experiences, professional experiences (if you do this for a living), or anything you can share on the topic to help me guide my Dad in the best direction. Thanks!

I have color matched line-x and for the 6 months I've had it, it's great. Don't have to worry about scratching it and looks better than what was under the plastic POS when I got the truck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Rhino liner... The spray in stuff right? It's good. Had mine since I bought it in 08 and who know how long before that. I've had it in literally -54C (-65.2F) and in the sun I know it's been way over +40. Never faded, never cracked and the only thing that has ever scratched/gouged it was the sharpened carbides on my snowmobile skis. I have a feeling it has to do with the prep and the manufacturer of the spray. theres a lot of rhino liner knockoffs out there.That plastic crap you put I is garbage, it looks horrible, scratches bad and isn't worth it. Just get a quality spray with a good warranty.

I've had Line-X in my truck from day one.......Would NEVER put a plastic drop-in liner in anything I own, they do more damage to your paint than having nothing at all.

I bought my truck brand new in 2004, had it only 3 months and had Line-X sprayed into the bed. Almost 10 years old and it still looks good. They didn't have the colored Line-X when I had my bed done. I would have gone with the blue to match my truck. The Rhino liners that I've seen are thicker sprays. I liked the Line-X better.

I have never seen a bed liner fade or crack. I had one in my SS for 8 years and no issues. It was great for hauling anything in the bed. The only thing I did not like about it was mine went over the bed rails which made it almost impossible to get a cover on the bed but on the other hand it protected the bed rails very well. I'm going to get one in my new truck one of theses days because I'm sick of the plastic one I have now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Line x in my bed. Not sure how long but I've had it for almost 2 years. Love it. Agreed with plastic liners. They do more damage then good. They are also known to rust beds out. Stuff gets stuck under it and trapped. Will never know unless you remove it.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2