Interior map light issue

Anyone ever have a problem with there map light. Mine works when you open the door all the lights work but when the door is closed and I push the buttons on either side neither of the round map lights work. It also works when you turn the dimmer all the way to on but for some reason the buttons are not turning the lights on?

• 4 weeks later...

Also the fog light on the dash comes on when I push the button for the map lights to turn on

.... I believe your pressing the wrong button.. The map light buttons are, well, right next to the map lights above the center console. One for each light.

Your probably hitting the cargo light button that is by the dimmer.. That will put the fog light looking light on the cluster.. Telling you your cargo light is on since you obviously can't see the rear cab from inside.

But I too have leds in all mine and noticed if I press the map lights individually, they're dim. But if I roll the dimmer up and all lights come on, they're perfectly bright how they should be

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Also the fog light on the dash comes on when I push the button for the map lights to turn on

.... I believe your pressing the wrong button.. The map light buttons are, well, right next to the map lights above the center console. One for each light.

Your probably hitting the cargo light button that is by the dimmer.. That will put the fog light looking light on the cluster.. Telling you your cargo light is on since you obviously can't see the rear cab from inside.

But I too have leds in all mine and noticed if I press the map lights individually, they're dim. But if I roll the dimmer up and all lights come on, they're perfectly bright how they should be

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

What he said. That's exactly what I got out of your post.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe the switch for the buttons for the map lights got a short and wont manually turn them on. I would remove the plastic map light housing. Expose the wires, check for power at those wires to the switch, than after the switch. You will find your issue.

• 1 month later...