06 vmax catalytic converter

dardy

I have a 06 Silverado 1500 Lt with the 6.0 vmax. The truck has been acting stupid and miss firing lately so I'm going to get my cats checked. The local exhaust shop says that he believes they have California emissions cats on there and says it will be around $900 to replace them if in fact they are both bad. Do I have to put the same ones back on there if I live in Delaware? Stupid question I'm sure but he says he has to. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Any guesstimates on how much better it would run after removing the cats? My crew cab has 3" all the way back to the di si out super40. It doesnt have a y pipe or anything. Would removing them help a lot for performance. One more thing, should i have tuner delete them before or is it alright if i run it to his shop after removing them, sometimes it is a little late before he has the time. And will make a drastic difference in sound, i dont want it to be god awful loud, but i can handle a little louder.