454LSX Build

amscholtz@comcast.net

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've replaced a starter over the last year but otherwise trouble free until this week.

Fuel pump decided to crap out on the highway a couple days ago, got the tank pulled and found out that it has a single Walbro GSS340 in it with some rubber line that specifically states not to use it with fuel injection and a bunch of stock crap otherwise. Getting pricing on a new much bigger pump and braided line with AN fittings for the whole setup to get ordered and replaced. I imagine this will take care of my stalling problems and also allow us to dial up some settings in my tune since it will be getting enough fuel now. Also have a 300 amp alternator and a catch can that I will finally get put in at the same time.

My wheels are back off and getting powdercoated fully gloss black like I should have done the first time around, should have all that back next week too. Will grab some photos and hopefully new video once all that is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new Walbro 450 installed this week, decided to keep stock fuel lines for now as they should be plenty to support the power I am looking to make. Also finally got my catch can setup and 300 amp alternator installed. Wheels will be done next week so I will have some new exterior shots then.

Also bought a new daily driver this week thanks to Volkswagen buying our Jetta back.

post-20300-0-21072300-1489113432_thumb.jpg

post-20300-0-20787400-1489113436_thumb.jpg