Ric's Intimidator SS build

ric

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

nice progress! Didn't realize the ISS's had drums.

i believe the majority of SSS made after 05 had drums was a way of cutting cost....

I know these are really, really old posts. And most of y'all probably knew this by now. But the RWD model got the 9.5" 14 bolt semi-floating rear, instead of the 8.5" 10 bolt. I don't know if any 9.5" 14 bolt got discs. Guess GM realized the LQ9 would blow up the 10 bolt if it wasn't splitting the power up in AWD.

And yeah, the truck looks great! Very clean and tasteful. Hope I can get mine looking anywhere near as sharp by the time it's all said and done. Go figure, two dudes named Richard in Houston with ISS's.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

I know these are really, really old posts. And most of y'all probably knew this by now. But the RWD model got the 9.5" 14 bolt semi-floating rear, instead of the 8.5" 10 bolt. I don't know if any 9.5" 14 bolt got discs. Guess GM realized the LQ9 would blow up the 10 bolt if it wasn't splitting the power up in AWD.

And yeah, the truck looks great! Very clean and tasteful. Hope I can get mine looking anywhere near as sharp by the time it's all said and done. Go figure, two dudes named Richard in Houston with ISS's.

Richard

Thanks man, my bad been off the site for a while now. Nice to see you stay in Houston too. I'll be in here more often now. Have a lot of catching up to do. BTW that's some good info I didn't know they had different rears, learned something new there lol

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...