TBSS Intake manifold and throttle body?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A throttle body coolant bypass? shit man thinking about just getting the parts and paying to get it done because this just seems so confusing

http://www.corvettemods.com/product.asp?itemid=5817&gclid=CPC0zpb_tLgCFYZ_Qgod-TkAvw

Your current throttle body has coolant going through it, The new one won't. Once you have al the parts, appears to be a straight forward swap and a retune

A throttle body coolant bypass? shit man thinking about just getting the parts and paying to get it done because this just seems so confusing

it's pretty straight forward man. you just feel a little flustered because you don't have your hand on a wrench. once you take a look its pretty simple. i can't remember how i did it but it was as simple as pulling the hose off your old 78mm and routing the coolant back to the system (you even use the stock lines). ill take a look tomorrow and let you know.

it's pretty straight forward man. you just feel a little flustered because you don't have your hand on a wrench. once you take a look its pretty simple. i can't remember how i did it but it was as simple as pulling the hose off your old 78mm and routing the coolant back to the system (you even use the stock lines). ill take a look tomorrow and let you know.

It's just a small hose coupler. 3/8" I believe. It will connect the stock hoses and youre good to go

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

So let me get this straight. with the parts stated above, the full tbss manifold swap will be achieved? For my 03 SS, all I need to do is put in a vette regulator and ill be set for returnless style? I had read it was a vette fuel filter....? and what exactly is the 3/8" hose for....

Don't forget a complete retune. A corvette regulator does not have the vacuum reference port like our 03's would have, so it will maintain a constant fuel pressure and the PCM fuel tables will need to be adjusted appropriately.

Don't forget a complete retune. A corvette regulator does not have the vacuum reference port like our 03's would have, so it will maintain a constant fuel pressure and the PCM fuel tables will need to be adjusted appropriately.

Have you done the swap? I read mixed results from people that say the Vette FPR works and others that say you need an adjustable FPR.

Edited by SSSilverado33 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't done the intake manifold swap just yet actually. I have been focused on college lately and the transmission was acting up in overdrive. Eventually the transmission broke and wouldn't really catch any gears and would get hot quick. So we took it out turns out all the 3 and 4 clutches were burnt and something else can't remember exactly what else. But now its got a 3600 edge stall (runs perfect!) and the transmission is driving fine with much less acting up in overdrive with the new stall. So I ordered a 90mm throttle body and was looking for a xlink but torque rush performance is out of them for now. I can wait on that anyways I still haven't ordered the fuel regulator but hopefully once all these pieces get here it will seem a whole lot simpler. I see what yall mean now with the coolant bypass thanks for the help!

We haven't done the intake manifold swap just yet actually. I have been focused on college lately and the transmission was acting up in overdrive. Eventually the transmission broke and wouldn't really catch any gears and would get hot quick. So we took it out turns out all the 3 and 4 clutches were burnt and something else can't remember exactly what else. But now its got a 3600 edge stall (runs perfect!) and the transmission is driving fine with much less acting up in overdrive with the new stall. So I ordered a 90mm throttle body and was looking for a xlink but torque rush performance is out of them for now. I can wait on that anyways I still haven't ordered the fuel regulator but hopefully once all these pieces get here it will seem a whole lot simpler. I see what yall mean now with the coolant bypass thanks for the help!

Which throttle body did you order?

Okay, I appreciate all the help and the parts are coming together. Now, where can I get a xlink 3.0? Torque Rush Performance is out.

They come up for sale on PT.net every once and a while. I was able to get mine for $95 on there a few weeks back

or SDPC https://sdparts.com/node/779596 if you want to pay a little extra

Edited by SSSilverado33 (see edit history)