TBSS Intake manifold and throttle body?

Okay so I am considering buying the tbss intake manifold and throttle body, thing is when I look it up all i see is problems between the throttle body and xlink on the ss silverado a couple of guys i saw kept getting the p1516 rep code until they just gave up and switched throttle bodies. and someone enlighten me i thought the stock tbss throttle body is 90mm not 87mm what is it? thanks ahead of time

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated the cara got actual 90mm tb and l others 87mm. Just like our current is not a true 78mm either lol. I am running the ls3 tb with xlink v2 without issues but have heard of people having issues as you mentioned.

yeup I just did the swap. used the 87mm tb with the newest version on the x link and no issues what so ever. Its an honest 20 hp gain and throttle response is more crisp with mine as well. The 07+ truck intake is the same as the TBSS and ALOT cheaper. Got mine bare for less then $100 brand new.

yeup I just did the swap. used the 87mm tb with the newest version on the x link and no issues what so ever. Its an honest 20 hp gain and throttle response is more crisp with mine as well. The 07+ truck intake is the same as the TBSS and ALOT cheaper. Got mine bare for less then $100 brand new.

does someone happen to have a part number list for this build?

By that i mean if you found an intake that had already been stripped parts numbers for the injectors, fuel rail ext just you could build a stock setup. I think that would make a good sticky under the bolt on section

Edited by Bnax (see edit history)

I wouldn't port the intake. Your taking away from its structural integrity. Plus guys with boost have seen them flex and crack. The 3mm difference is not worth even the thought of going threw the hassle of it.