Intake with a P1SC

...I've been told by another member that was running the P1SC and a larger intake that he wished he didnt swap the manifolds because the smaller stock one allows larger boost pressure, make any sense? ...

Assuming the motor makes the same power (or more?) after the TB swap - any change that lowers boost while maintaining output power is A Good Thing, it means that the engine is making the same power with much more efficiency; IATs should read lower as a result (also A Good Thing) and lower IATs are very important with today's fuels, also the improvement in manifolding should allow a change to a more aggressive pulley (more boost!).

But, just because one changes the TB doesn't necessarily mean the compressor will deliver more air to the engine - hence the complaint that spending $400-500 on a TB swap did not make the truck faster at the track. To deliver more air to the engine, you need to speed-up the impeller (i.e. smaller pulley). What your friend should have done after the TB swap was to get a pulley a couple sizes smaller and get the boost back up to 12-lbs - this would almost certainly guarantee that the blower is delivering all the CFM it was designed to do. More CFM + more fuel = more fire!

Remember, air is "stretchy stuff".

Mr. P. :)

Assuming the motor makes the same power (or more?) after the TB swap - any change that lowers boost while maintaining output power is A Good Thing, it means that the engine is making the same power with much more efficiency; IATs should read lower as a result (also A Good Thing) and lower IATs are very important with today's fuels, also the improvement in manifolding should allow a change to a more aggressive pulley (more boost!).

But, just because one changes the TB doesn't necessarily mean the compressor will deliver more air to the engine - hence the complaint that spending $400-500 on a TB swap did not make the truck faster at the track. To deliver more air to the engine, you need to speed-up the impeller (i.e. smaller pulley). What your friend should have done after the TB swap was to get a pulley a couple sizes smaller and get the boost back up to 12-lbs - this would almost certainly guarantee that the blower is delivering all the CFM it was designed to do. More CFM + more fuel = more fire!

Remember, air is "stretchy stuff".

Mr. P. :)

Understood, thanks for the input. To truly know the truth to what I'm asking I would need dyno results for the truck with the SAME size pulley on the two different TBs. May only read 8lbs of boost with a larger TB but getting the same power as 12lbs on the stock size simply because the supercharger is forcing the same air into a smaller place, I believe i said this correct. I'll never stop modding the truck so I'm gonna buy the larger TB haha. In all honesty I just wanna keep my sweet engine covers since they are painted haha and changing to the larger intake on top, I think, will remove the location that it bolts on to the motor! Oh well, the aftermarket FAST intakes look sick anyway!!! Plus, I can sell the cover for the intake money, woohoo!!!

When I switch over to the tbss intake I'm gonna fab up some small alum flat plates to mount my covers to. I love the way they look so I don't wanna have to get rid of them.post-21185-0-69595700-1377793753_thumb.jpg

Yeah that is kickaSS man! How was that done? Is it decals or some kinda dip/paint? I want to do a black carbon fiber look on my fuse box and other plastic pieces... my engine covers and black with blue flames, bought them form Dentguy when he sold his truck. Picture is to big to attach :/