Intake with a P1SC

Hey guys I've been doing some surfing through older threads and see lots of guys with 90mm intake manifolds and even 102s with a procharger but seems most everyone I've come across running a different intake manifold with a procharger is rocking the D1SC.... is it just not worth it to swap out to a larger intake manifold with the P1SC? any guys run a P1SC for awhile then swap out the intake and see a worth the money difference? I've been told by another member that was running the P1SC and a larger intake that he wished he didnt swap the manifolds because the smaller stock one allows larger boost pressure, make any sense? I can see it both ways so you pros got any advice I would much appreciate it!!! I'm considering the search for a D1 before even put the P1 on to ha cause i'll probably wanna upgrade so probably good investment in the intake huh?

Honestly I would go with the larger intake, It will allow the air to go into the motor alot easier. The smaller intake will create more pressure due to air being forced in and it has no where else to go. Ity wont make more HP. The best thing to do is go with the larger intake and be done with it. Is this motor stock? Going from a P1 to a D1 is a pretty big jump with HP. In the long run a D1 will provide you with alot of HP and you not getting bored with the P1.

I had a P1 and got bored within a year, and upgraded to a D1 and never looked back. They both do have the capabilities of High HP it just depends on boost levels, and if your driveline can support it.

Thanks for the reply. Motor currently sits stock with cam, hardened pushrods, springs ready to go on with the P1 also sitting in the corner and an array of other parts like larger injectors (42s, and I have 60s now ill use), 160 stat, stock procharger intercooler but I'll use the larger 3 core I also have plus new piping, plus more I'm sure im forgetting. Anyways I see tons of guys have gone with the D1 and if I can find a D1 I'll pull the trigger on it and I probably an intake as well. Oh and all kinds of tranny goodies as well. Makes sense to just go D1 from the start but I hope I can sell the P1, obviously I'll wait to find a D1 first.

What else did you change when you went P1 to D1? just the head unit? what intake you running? Other internal mods? Thanks and I'm searching through all the old D1 conversations now!

I dont have the Procharger on my silverado, but my other two cars a 2000 Camaro ss and a 01 Z06 both have them. the camaro has the P1 with 12 Lbs of boost with custom hard piping, the Z06 has the D1 with hardpiping and 12 Lbs of boost. The camaro sits stock from the heads down to the crank, minus the intake, cam and full exhaust and a fuel system. The Z has heads, cam and full exhaust and fuel system. Otherwise internally they are all stock untouched.

To give you an example of HP difference with the same boost levels, the camaro put down 609 at the tires, and the Z put down 719 at the tires. The possibility is there for power, the P1 will have to work harder to get that power. The only thing you should have to change would be the bracket I believe as the D1 is larger and wont line up to bolt it on. Otherwise thats it. I do suggest going with the new adjustable design long bracket if procharger makes one for the trucks as it will stop all belt slip with factory 6 rib setup. If not then you will have to go with a 8 rib belt setup and pulleys.

For more info Call Andy over at A&A corvette in california, hes the guy I bought my setup from and will walk you thru the easiest way to have your setup work without having to worry about belt slip issues with the factory 6 rib. He deals with other vehicles than just corvettes. Toll free number. (888) VETTEPRO

I guess I could just sell the P1SC as a kit and buy the total D1 kit then if the bracket doesnt work, since i have a different intercooler and piping i will basically need nothing in the kit if I don't use the headunit and bracket. Thanks again Blown, you have helped me with procharger questions in the past and I greatly appreciate you chiming in!

Thanks for the info guys. I rode in a D1 procharged Vette the day before I can overseas man, supposedly set up by Lingenfelter and man was it sweet!!! It was for sale and by god if it was after my deployment instead of before I may have just had to purchase that bad boy!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys. I rode in a D1 procharged Vette the day before I can overseas man, supposedly set up by Lingenfelter and man was it sweet!!! It was for sale and by god if it was after my deployment instead of before I may have just had to purchase that bad boy!

Did this vette happen to look like this? Someone bought mine and they live in Cali.

Corvettepics001.jpg