which heads??

Like Brad said TEA and Trick Flow are under the same address. Summit owns them now. The guy who started TEA and then sold it and worked for TF to develop those heads is Brian Tooley. He will hand port your heads to perfection and they honestly look like cnc porting. I can't remember the price on him doing them but it is reasonable and his customer service is top notch. Look up Brian Tooley racing and give him a call to talk about setting you up. Might want to pick up a set of springs and have him assemble them too.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im curious what TEA charges for something like that. I I have pair of bare 799's sitting here and already have my springs. I was going to bolt them on and go but i cant justify it without porting them. What sort of port/ head job would you be recommending. I already have a 3600 stall and 224/228 .581/.591@ 112+4 going in along with a TBSS intake setup. My cam is a little closer just a tad less lift. You ever weigh your truck ?

Im curious what TEA charges for something like that. I I have pair of bare 799's sitting here and already have my springs. I was going to bolt them on and go but i cant justify it without porting them. What sort of port/ head job would you be recommending. I already have a 3600 stall and 224/228 .581/.591@ 112+4 going in along with a TBSS intake setup. My cam is a little closer just a tad less lift. You ever weigh your truck ?

They used to call it stage 3 porting. 5130 with me in it, but that was before the forged rims and smaller/lighter tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

They used to call it stage 3 porting. 5130 with me in it, but that was before the forged rims and smaller/lighter tires.

Nice weight. I am at 5400 with me in it. But I'm 215 and I have a tool box on my bed and had 1/4 tank and a weight distribution hitch in the receiver.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

My research has shown me otherwise. Pay attention to the flow numbers/or hp but compare the valve sizes used on each head and or the test bore size, and runner size used to compare the two

Although the boat is cool, its hardly a awd 5100 pound truck with a ls based motor in it. If you want a run of mill trick flow head you can call up summit or jegs right now. If you want to go through tea and get a tfs head with custom valves or better springs or decked a little, then it will take a while longer. I chose to wait

My AFR's were not run of the mill, I called them up directly, they answered the phone (the first time) I told them want I needed, and they shipped the custom heads one week later.

And you're right, these motors aren't comparable to LS motors, there are reasons why LS motors don't work in offshore powerboats.

Bottom line is, I think the two heads are very comparable. Who knows I might even end up with a set of TFS heads on this truck.

• 1 month later...