Exhaust advice please

SS36

I just put my new Texas-Speed longtubes on had an exhaust shop put a custom dual 3" to magnaflow hi-flow cats and mufflers then 3" tailpipes. I'm kind of regretting going with the 3" now. It sounds a little ratty when you get on it. Any solutions? I thought about putting in an X-pipe or using different mufflers. and maybe the dumping the tailpipes behind the axel. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Maybe put an x in it. I always say unless your making some pretty big power I wouldn't go 3".

^Hit the nail on the head. Should have kept the exhaust pipes their good stuff and just do the custom fabs to the muffler from LT's/Hi-flows.

Which Magnaflow muffler did you go with?

I went with the 3" I/O that's offset on one side and centered on the other. It's basically just straight through with no chambers or anything just perforated tube.

^Hit the nail on the head. Should have kept the exhaust pipes their good stuff and just do the custom fabs to the muffler from LT's/Hi-flows.

Yea, I told the muffler shop I wanted to keep most the stock exhaust and they ended up getting rid of all of it and running 3" all the way. Maybe this is a sign I need to add more power lol :D

I changed to all 3" from the stock connection at the 2 bolt and banjo clamp back dumping before the passenger rear tire using 3" magna pack mufflers and they took 3 weeks to break in and sound different but now everything from the connection forward is getting swapped out for 3" arh y pipe with LT 17/8 ill let ya know how it sounds matched up. I think the stock manifolds struggle to flow through the 3" causing the sound. I'm getting the y pipe without cats if I don't like it ill be ordering the y pipe with cats and swapping out can't wait arh are made as ordered so I've ordered Friday so 10 days until there shipped