TBSS INTAKE SWAP

Mr.RNR

me too... whats the SSS come with 78mm? There should be a sticky for this...

Yes 78mm

In my opinion, a 07+ intake is just as good as a tbss intake. Tbss intakes are hyped up by everyone wanting one. While the newer intakes are cheaper and just as sufficient. Iirc it's 87mm compared to a 90mm which is minimal. The power difference would be negligible imo.

Great info on the tbss vs l92 intake. I was actually wondering what the differences were and they pointed out nicely (like the 87mm vs 90mm, which is more $$, minimal difference in gains). This is something I would like to do and you guys have helped me with an answer.

We need a sticky for this! lol. If your truck is a 2003 you HAVE to convert your fuel system to a returnless setup using the corvette fuel filter if you use the TBSS/NNBS fuel rail. 04+ trucks all have the return-less fuel system already. You WILL need to modify your stock crossover on your fuel rail or use the TBSS/NNBS rail. I was fortunate enough to know a friend with a TBSS and got the TB, Intake, Fuel Rail, and Injectors(30#) from his TBSS for $100 which was a steal. Then you WILL need an X-Link adapter, there is no way around it, $227 after paypal fees. If you use the TBSS injectors you will need injector adapters. mini delphi to ev6. Your stock injectors will work on the TBSS/NNBS fuel rail. You can purchase the evap at o reilys for $15. There is no difference between the NNBS and TBSS intake. The Newer(09+) NNBS truck have a different style throttle body but all TBSS and NNBS throttle bodies are 87mm. I ported mine and will let yall know the gains of the swap after its installed and retuned which will probably be this weekend.

recap:

(03 only) corvette fuel filter $40

TBSS TB andTBSS Intake $200ish

X-Link $227

Evap $15

retune

any other questions just ask

We need a sticky for this! lol. If your truck is a 2003 you HAVE to convert your fuel system to a returnless setup using the corvette fuel filter if you use the TBSS/NNBS fuel rail. 04+ trucks all have the return-less fuel system already. You WILL need to modify your stock crossover on your fuel rail or use the TBSS/NNBS rail. I was fortunate enough to know a friend with a TBSS and got the TB, Intake, Fuel Rail, and Injectors(30#) from his TBSS for $100 which was a steal. Then you WILL need an X-Link adapter, there is no way around it, $227 after paypal fees. If you use the TBSS injectors you will need injector adapters. mini delphi to ev6. Your stock injectors will work on the TBSS/NNBS fuel rail. You can purchase the evap at o reilys for $15. There is no difference between the NNBS and TBSS intake. The Newer(09+) NNBS truck have a different style throttle body but all TBSS and NNBS throttle bodies are 87mm. I ported mine and will let yall know the gains of the swap after its installed and retuned which will probably be this weekend.

recap:

(03 only) corvette fuel filter $40

TBSS TB andTBSS Intake $200ish

X-Link $227

Evap $15

retune

any other questions just ask

You got er. You can use your old evap if you're good at doing a little bit of plumbing. But that's kinda ghetto, I still need to purchase a new gen lV evap.

"If you use the TBSS injectors you will need injector adapters. mini delphi to ev6"

Do you have a part number for these adapters? I didn't know I will need these. Also did you port the throttle body and the intake or just the throttle body? I am looking into porting both before I install mine. I'm not sure I trust myself to install mine on my own either...

I ported just the throttle body. I didn't want to risk ruining the structural strength of the intake because of the horror stories about the ported tbss intakes. Install however isn't hard. Just don't drop anything into the heads. Just take your time and its not bad at all.

This is the plug and play version.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=IA%2DM2U&eq=&Tp=

I used the splice version for half price.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=ICAU8&eq=&Tp=

I ported just the throttle body. I didn't want to risk ruining the structural strength of the intake because of the horror stories about the ported tbss intakes. Install however isn't hard. Just don't drop anything into the heads. Just take your time and its not bad at all.

This is the plug and play version.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=IA%2DM2U&eq=&Tp=

I used the splice version for half price.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=ICAU8&eq=&Tp=

Thanks for the link. I was reading the ported intake horror stories too. I will probably just port the TBSS throttle body on mine. The only part of the install I am unsure of is the hose that goes back to the firewall on the drivers side (sorry not sure what the hose is) and how it connects. Do I just need to slide a piece of hose on the side by the firewall like it does in the intake?

Thanks for the link. I was reading the ported intake horror stories too. I will probably just port the TBSS throttle body on mine. The only part of the install I am unsure of is the hose that goes back to the firewall on the drivers side (sorry not sure what the hose is) and how it connects. Do I just need to slide a piece of hose on the side by the firewall like it does in the intake?

Brake booster hose??