headlight interference with AVH 4300 pioneer

I have a pioner avh 4300 dvd, I'm noticing 2 problems first one is when my headlights are turned on there is interference, just total static over the music I'm running DDM 6k 55w hids turn headlights off no problem and no problem with parking lights on., second problem is I can only have it turned half way up get in between 1/2 and 3/4 starts getting really distorted and speakers start pop. any help input would be great, thanks in advance!

First problem sounds like you should check the ground of the unit. Although the digital slim ballasts have a possibility of putting noise in the electrical. I doubt this is the issue though.

Second problem you should look on the harness you bought to run the radio. If its the one to retain Bose amp it has an adjustment on it that you can turn down slightly until it sounds good.

Did you just put this in?

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

No I put it in about 2 years ago I just put got around to pulling it out of storage and putting my new motor in and noticed it when I was checking to make sure my pillar gauge lit up right. not sure on the relay adapater seeing as it was forever ago but I know it's not the one your talking about. Just put the DDM hids in the truck I was running them on my Duramax for a while and never had the problem in there with the same head unit

• 1 month later...

Ground loop problem. No big deal. Ground the case of the radio to another grounding place seperate of the radio ground itself. Gauranteed fix. If no fix, comment back here. Ill help ya. MECP certified installer