potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

Subscribed!!!!!!

And when you say stick lq9. No portwork or anything done to the heads??? The thing inbetween superchargers and turbochargers is that turbo's are all about efficiency more or less. You would be surprised how much a small port job would do with a efficient turbo setup. I have been building turbo setups for years and I don't consider myself to know it all but have a pretty good grasp at it lol. I have read a lot of books about turbocharging and studied it very well. If you want a good read on turbocharging I can send you a book called "maximum boost" by Corky Bell. Very good read and gives you good fundamentals about it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

as of right now heads have no port work in fact they have never been off the block as of right now. all that has been done to heads are springs and push rods. i em thinking of pulling them off however to put studs and ls9 gaskets in for this build.depending on how things go , i would like to get a nice set of heads maybe some trick flow's some time soon.

A thing with turbos to remember as stated is efficiency. It works the same way as a supercharger on the intake side, but not on the exhaust obviously. You want max flow/velocity coming out of the exhaust to spin the turbine, but at the same time not choke your motor with the additional air. The biggest thing is to obviously make sure you have even flow patterns across the intake. The biggest gain with turbochargers is within the heads. Flow!!! Easiest way I can put it is get as much cold dense air in, then get that air as quickly out. Hope this makes sense. I am on my phone so when I get home later and on a actual computer I can better type it out.

Paul

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

i totally understand what your saying,but after buying all this turbo stuff i wont have enough left over to buy or get heads ported for a while . but i would also like to get a good turbo cam along with some good flowing heads. not sure if my cam is or will be good for a turbo ( 220-224 581-581 115) . there is a guy on pt running my same cam with almost the same turbo and says it really lites up after 4k rpms. what do you guys think a good set of heads would be for a turbo set up?

With the corn fuel you are running and good tuning that short block will be laughing at you and want more.

Good luck on the build Jonny boy

i hope your right, i really dont want to build a motor.

ok so i just ordered the goodies... this is what i got...

-s480 with billet 11 blade wheel and racecover (biggest meanest s480 you can get he said lol)

-e-boost controller

-50mm jgs wastegate

once i get everything in ill order the pipes and get this thing on its way!!!! im very excited but a lil scared at the same time hahaa

haha... ordered a couple more things yesterday and today... headstuds and gaskets i got from zippy and frank from revoloution race works, thanks guys!!

-arp headstuds

-LS9 gaskets

-couple 2.5" stainless steel elbows and straight pipe

things are about to get real!! lol

ill post pics as soon as things start arriving!

What kind of boost levels do you want? 20-25? I would have to see that compressor map but with a single 50mm wastegate I don't think you will be able to gate anything less than around 15psi. I think with your setup and your demands that will be fine. I'm guessing your shooting for around 22-25psi? Probably every bit of 25 if you want 140 in the quarter! I am in to watch this build!