potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

ok so as most of you know i had a d1sc procharger set up that i got the best of 11.1@124 b4 i got the boot at the local track. i recently sold the pro and all of the supporting mods that went along with it (long tubes,8rib set up,etc..). now i em on a quest for something different to keep my interest in the truck for a little longer b4 its time to get a vette. so i decided to do a turbo build. now this is new to me I EM a procharger guy at heart and they are awesome power adder for sure but, i em seeking something different for a change. so with this being new to me the whole turbo thing im going to need some advice and pointers from you turbo experts if you dont mind helping...

so on to the fun stuff. so what i have in mind is i want to get to 140mph + in the 1/4 mile . this will be more built for freeway pulls if you will but hitting 140 in the 1/4 would be awesome. the set up i have in mind to start me in this adventure is a flip manifold set up to start me off (reason for this that i will get to later in the build) with a cross over tube made from stainless all tig welded of course into a merge. i think im going to go with a s400-80 turbo not sure on waste gate yet cant decide what size i really need i was really wanting a tial wg but i think i need a 50mm size and i just cant find one in that size from tial, all i see is 44mm then 60mm not sure on this maybe you guys can help. maybe im just over thinking this too, lol.

list of goodies i have in mind, ordering everthing in the next couple days so this will move along fast. please tell me if im making any horrible mistakes.

-s400-80 turbo 1.32 96mm t6 flange rated for 1200hp

-tial wastegate 44mm or 60mm ?

-2.5" ss crossover pipes (figured it was pointless to go bigger on the tubing since the outlet on the manifolds were only 2.5")

-5" down pipe

-aem tru boost controller (it will match all my other gauges) anybody using this with good results?

-get everything ceramic coated.

so what im working with is a stock lq9 with cam, push rods ,springs ,fast intake , 90mm tb and 126# injectors. i think while i have the headers off im going to pull the heads and do studs and ls9 gasket to try and handle the power im going for here. truck is only run on e85.not sure if the cam i have now will work well with the turbo or not, if not ill change it ( 220-224 581-581 115).

so any input is good input, fire away!!!

many pics to follow...

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Dont know much about turbos.. But Good luck! Hopefully someone will jump in and provide us with lots of info. Im curious as well. Cant wait to see this all come together. Gonna be crazy!!!!