exhaust question

Whats up guys? Im stuck in a moral dilemma haha

I have dual exhaust side exit. Dual magnapacks with fat tapered square tips. I absolutely love the look and sound at idle and low rpms but when i leave a light or toll booth and get into it she gets real blatty. Is it the mufflers that cause that or the style of tips? It has been on the truck for about 40k so its well broke in. Any suggestions? And if i change tips not sure what i should get to try...

post-24704-0-87916100-1365340872_thumb.jpg

Edited by SSworkhorse (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya i know they are along the lines if a glass pack but they came highly recommended from a Friend of a friend who owns a custom exhaust shop. What do you recommend for mufflers? Its hard to listen to video clips and judge from that and i dont see many of sss around to check out

Agreed, Magnaflow will keep the deep sound throughout the powerband. Glass packs will be raspy and wont be the sound you are looking for. If you dont have cats on the truck then you will get rasp no matter what muffler is on it. Certain mufflers will make the rasp worse.

I still have the cats on. They are the magnaflow magna packs. Stainless mufflers. Like i said i absolutely love the deep muscle rumble at an idle and around town but when i take off with a heavy foot its to raspy. Would regular stainless magnaflow mufflers tend to keep that deep sound when i get on it? Or what else is out there for mufflers that have a nice deep sound for our trucks

Excellent i will look into those. Im thinking now i might not have room for the traditional style mufflers due to how my exhaust is run i would have to tilt them then they might be seen ! There should be exhaust shops that have mufflers they lend out for a trial run hahahaha

Thanks again guys for the input

If you dont have cats on the truck then you will get rasp no matter what muffler is on it.

Not true, you just need to add a little extra onto your system to quiet it down.

Excellent i will look into those. Im thinking now i might not have room for the traditional style mufflers due to how my exhaust is run i would have to tilt them then they might be seen ! There should be exhaust shops that have mufflers they lend out for a trial run hahahaha

Thanks again guys for the input

You can make it fit, if its done right. I got 2 e cutouts, a X-pipe, a 24" flo pro DI/DO, 2 glass packs, 2 45* elbows and tips out the side before the rear tire.