'04 Black Beauty - The Beginning

Marzyn

Hey guys,

In this thread I'll be posting pics & updates of my truck throughout the build process. Right now we are still in the preliminary stages and still deciding exactly what will go into the truck and ordering/collecting parts.

For my ace-in-the-hole professional mechanic help I've enlisted the aid of John from Kelley Performance. He has been an amazing help and incredibly kind to spend the amount of time he has talking with me and helping me make a list of necessary parts down to the last bolt and washer. Without a doubt I'd still be spinning my wheels and very far from where I currently am in the build (even though it hasn't even begun! lol) without his help. So, first and foremost, a huge THANK YOU! To John :)

I've decided that the majority of the build will most likely be done on June 1st and/or sooner depending on when everything arrives. Originally it didn't look like I'd have all the necessary parts until then, but I may end up with everything way before then, like, within a week or two! Which was unexpected but not a bad thing.

Link to Build Party: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/81193-build-party-dover-de-area/

And now on to the build!

So far, the entire build list is:

Definites:

• Radix Mp112
  • Ls2 Silver Blade 90mm TB
  • Custom Blower Cam
  • OBX Longtube headers + ORY + Fake cats
  • Corsa Sport Exhaust catback
  • Shift Kit + Vette Servo
  • AeroForce Scan Gauge(s)
  • LED Swapped Gauge Cluster via GMGaugeGuys
  • Krambo Tuned when it's all put together!
  • Assorted/Misc Supporting Parts like Dr.X, Gaskes, Oils, etc.

Possibilities/Future Additions:

• E-Fans
  • Hood
  • Wheels
  • Nav Radio
  • Full custom paint job
  • Speedstur Tonneau

For a little while I was debating on whether I'd want new ported/polished heads but I've decided against it. If I ever want anything like that maybe I'll just go snag a salvaged LS7 427 and go all out ;)

Now for the fun part!

First thing I've actually received so far was the TransGo HD2 Shift Kit & Vette Servo

jTAmfqV.jpg

But, no proper build can start with a dirty truck, and today was the nicest day we've had so far this year. Hard to believe we just had roughly 6 inches of snow/rain fall just a few days ago.

So I pulled my gauge-less truck out of the garage and proceeded to give it a much needed bath. And holy hell is it a battle. My water in my new house SUCKS, I have water spots so deep I'm pretty sure they'll eat through my engine block if I let it sit long enough. I've forgotten what it looks like to see out of a clean window, I don't think it's possible to get the spots off! I've tried everything but Adams products simply because I hate to order something before I've used up the old stuff. So, I'll suffer through the remainder of my Meguiars/ArmorAll and such and next time I'll try out a full set of Adams, that might make the difference.

Pre-Wash:

fYP7T5L.jpg

zewOYDX.jpg

0CDozoL.jpg

Don't tell Brian but I had a can of Plastidip laying around so I decided to dip my bowtie in true ricer fashion ;)

Before:

969Xen5.jpg

After:

aThbSTsh.jpg

Not too bad i think

Wiped down the engine bay as best as I could, nothing special

UaXFemL.jpg

And here's a pic of some of the crap I've been using to clean the truck

er9mJuE.jpg

And here she is all cleaned up and sparkly. Believe me, it looks much better in the pictures than it does in person. My wheels were already on the way downhill when I bought the truck but the last two winters of steady driving has definitely taken its toll. There's quite a bit of peeling and a lot of pitting. I'm really not sure what to do other than maybe dipping the wheels and using them as my winter beaters. I've been eyeballing some new wheels anyway.

asb0nPk.jpg

rgeZIaS.jpg

QAE5mNX.jpg

And my dog was fascinated with this salamander while I was workin' on the truck :)

ac7aHmf.jpg

And she thought this baby water snake was her new seat, she just walked over and sat right on it. Surprised it didn't bite her ass!!

YK1Zny0.jpg

Wasn't fast enough to get a pic of her sitting on it lol

Well, that's all for now! I'll post more pics as I get parts and once the break-down begins.

Edited by Marzyn (see edit history)

Looks like you got a nice list of parts there Joe, I think you will be happy with the build once its done. I two have been talking to John and would agree that he is more then helpful. Let me now when your ready, more then willing to help