Resto-mod SSS

jaxxon

Im sure it'll be a crazy ride. I love to wrench though and thats half the excitement. id rather have a vehicle that ive put a lot of work into myself rather than buy one that already has everything done. It becomes more personal and you really connect with your truck during the build. Its hard to see myself ever selling my truck. I know every nut and bolt on that thing, and have A LOT of blood and sweat into it, as a lot of others on this site have into theirs.

Mid12 What hood is that? Anyone know of a roll pan that works with with an SS? Did a search here and it seems the company no longer makes one? I'm looking at $1500.00 to custom fab one and this build is already out of hand.

Edited by jaxxon (see edit history)

Im sure it'll be a crazy ride. I love to wrench though and thats half the excitement. id rather have a vehicle that ive put a lot of work into myself rather than buy one that already has everything done. It becomes more personal and you really connect with your truck during the build. Its hard to see myself ever selling my truck. I know every nut and bolt on that thing, and have A LOT of blood and sweat into it, as a lot of others on this site have into theirs.

Mid12 Just read your build list, that things sounds bad ass!! What hood is that? Anyone know of a roll pan that works with with an SS? Did a search here and it seems the company no longer makes one? I'm looking at $1500.00 to custom fab one and this build is already out of hand.

Some ppl on here sell a BSER roll pan but its hard to find one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a wegner ls7 motor ... and west bend dyno put it in and tuned it.. are you located in wisconsin ? Tom is there ls tuner... very smart guy

Yes! I've seen your truck it's bad ass! Click for TUBBIN' Ask them to post more pics... I can't seem to get them to do it. :happysad:

• 1 month later...

So my exhaust thru the fenders was done incorrectly by my body & paint guy. (It's cut-thru up too high, and rectangle/lame looking) It was supposed to be like the FastLane SSS. (cut thru down low in the fender) I even sent him pics! ....So now I'm stuck with the location of the cut-thru but we can remove the aluminum surround and re-do iit more GT2 like... I was thinking like this? (drawing) OR Anyone have a better idea? I'm thinking since it's cut through the SS body "flares" we could maybe CNC something out of billet and have the surrround go inside part way... LIke this one (attached photo)

I'm up for anyone's ideas... Thanks in advance.

post-6011-0-51050600-1368388403_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-35715300-1368389226_thumb.jpg

post-6011-0-21573300-1368389864_thumb.jpg

So you the truck I drool over when WBD posts pictures. You ever talk to (Brad) shadowsniper3006 and I seen (Joe) SS Muscle Truck has got ya. I cant wait till I would see this out for a photo op with my slow truck, and Brad and Joe up for a meet.

This is the pic I sent our paint guy (We thought also a custom fab guy as required) He either didn't see the pic or just did it how he wanted to do it. The truck is being built at WBD and this guy just did the paint. I really should have had WDB fab the exhaust cut-thru. Now you guys can see my dilemma... It's not so bad re-fabing a surround to something more trick than a plain rectangle, it's that he cut the exhaust pass-thru WAY too high and the truck is painted (The paint is insanely perfect by the way - he is super talened in that dept. ) It's a much deeper, blacker paint than OEM black SSS paint.

We need to design a surround that will make it look trick despite it being cut-thru so high. Any ideas out there from fresh outlook designer mind??? Thanks in advance.

post-6011-0-51674400-1368473070_thumb.jpg