Camming the 5.3

If you have big HP plans for your 5.3 I say go for it. If you want to just add a nice low end torque cam with the mods you have go with this XR259HR 206/212 .515/.522 112LSA or XR265HR 212/218 .522/.529 114LSA . If you want to put heads and a cam with bigger injectors maybe go with what I got. If you ever plan on stroking her out or boost I'd run the 224R or larger. I am sure others will chime in. There are always custom grinds too. Thats why when a cam question pops up we need to know what your plans are... :loser: . The cam options out there are infinite.

You also say its you DD so remember with more duration and lift comes less MPG's... 224R is nice cam but with what you got now with no TC and no big plans I would wait on it. But thats IMO

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

You also say its you DD so remember with more duration and lift comes less MPG's... 224R is nice cam but with what you got now with no TC and no big plans I would wait on it. But thats IMO

Well I am getting a shift kit and my corvette servo installed. Maybe should look at a tc at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

XR259HR 206/212 .515/.522 112LSA or XR265HR 212/218 .522/.529 114LSA

A guy at work just bought a 5.3 and wants to make it peppy. Hes got a CAI, catback exhaust, and a superchips flashpaq. Nothing big. would you recommend these cams for him as well? I told him to get himself some LTs while hes at it. Hes definitely on a budget. I told him to buy my SS for 28K and call it a day. Haha.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

A guy at work just bought a 5.3 and wants to make it peppy. Hes got a CAI, catback exhaust, and a superchips flashpaq. Nothing big. would you recommend these cams for him as well? I told him to get himself some LTs while hes at it. Hes definitely on a budget. I told him to buy my SS for 28K and call it a day. Haha.

Tell your friend to dump that Superchips paperweight for a custom tune if he wants the truck to jump a little...