04 4.8L 5MT SC build.

SIXJAK

Driving impression with the posi and 3.73 gears: I can't believe how much 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration has improved. I'm really growing tired of the Flowmaster though. Can't wait to get the Corsa installed. I'll sell the Flowmaster for cheap cheap. I may sell the armor coated pacesetters as well and install a set of KOOKS LT's . We'll see how my rat hole looks here in a few weeks lol.

Driving impression with the posi and 3.73 gears: I can't believe how much 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration has improved. I'm really growing tired of the Flowmaster though. Can't wait to get the Corsa installed. I'll sell the Flowmaster for cheap cheap. I may sell the armor coated pacesetters as well and install a set of KOOKS LT's . We'll see how my rat hole looks here in a few weeks lol.

Flowmasters are hard to see because they are cheap new. Ive been trying to offload mine since October

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Nice! How much did you pay for the corsa?

718.19 shipped from AutoAnything.

I looked and looked and even pestered a few friends who own shops and can get wholesale. I don't think you're going to beat that price for a new Corsa unless you stumble onto a fire sell or maybe a Black Friday sale.

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)

Nice goodies

Thanks.

They along with the cam valves lifters efan kit begin getting installed on the 1st.

I'm going on vacation and I have to mod on the down low unfortunately. My truck is "getting an exhaust leak fixed" ;) hopefully the Corsa will quiet her down some and hide the whole cam thing enough that questions will not be asked. Lol

• 2 months later...

Update:

Sorry have not been very diligent in updating this thread. I got all previously mentioned parts the installed and the Truck dyno'd 379RWHP and 428RWTQ. 4ygabama.jpggevyseba.jpg

It was typical hot and muggy MO weather in mid August.

Unfortunately the NVweaksauce5MT tranny just was not up to the task. Rated at 270 lb. ft. of TQ we were obviously taxing the tranny way beyond its limits. It blew out while I was pulling an empty pontoon trailer.

Ordered a fully built T56 Magnum from RPM transmissions out of IN. Tranny took about 2 weeks longer than they said it would and I felt they could have communicated the delay issues a little better so I guess I was a little bugged by that. They are courteous and professional on the phone. It finally shipped on Tuesday the 15 and arrived Wednesday the 16th. According to RPM, the tranny is supposed to handle 800lb ft of TQ and reportedly is being used in cars pushing over a 1000lb ft of TQ. Who knows?enuzesy2.jpgutapunu6.jpg

I'm trying to figure out with Centerforce if I can still use the clutch I just bought a few months ago with a different plate or if I have to get a new one.

That is all for now.

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)

It might be in your tread, I didn't see, did you change injectors? and did you end up buying a different motor? I am planning on doing a similar 4.8 build. the truck looks and seems like you drive and enjoy it too which is the best part of the build.

Still rockin the 4.8. Get a lot of comments on how good it sounds with the cam and the Corsa exhaust. At some point I'll be trading out the Pacesetters for some KOOKs, ARH or SW LT's.

This came today. Just have to sort out the driveshaft now.

6uzeqagu.jpgavujydyz.jpga3ubesaj.jpg

It's a fun truck but I know if I want to make serious power I'd either have to ditch the Maggie for a turbo or go to a bigger motor. It will run with a stock SS Camaro pretty well and humiliate older GT's. Hoping to get it to the track here soon before they close for the season.

going to the t56 you will want to change gears yet again to something very deep to compensate for the 6th gear. I ran a t56 a few years ago behind a 4.8 and 4.56 -4.88 were great gears for it. yes it sounds like a lot of gear but with a 30" tire opposed to a 26" tire it makes it work just about right.

going to the t56 you will want to change gears yet again to something very deep to compensate for the 6th gear. I ran a t56 a few years ago behind a 4.8 and 4.56 -4.88 were great gears for it. yes it sounds like a lot of gear but with a 30" tire opposed to a 26" tire it makes it work just about right.

Were you running this combo in a RCSB?

I'm about to order a 4160e drive shaft with a 31 spline yoke.