04 4.8L 5MT SC build.

SIXJAK

Ok. Sorry for the noob questions but is ordering an LS2 through O'Reilly's a good idea? With core I can get one for about 2350.00. Or do I need to start with better internals than the ones included in the engine they offer. Other than the Maggie, what from my 4.8 could transfer over? I'm thinking T56 too. Gotta stick with a manual.

nice build man your better off building a forged motor lq9-lq4 370ci or a 408ci if your going to want reliable 500 rwhp with supporting mods like 90mm tb ,fuel pump,60lb injectors ,meth ,big cam ,lt full exhaust and maybe 4:10 gears and a true track many things u will need to accomplish those numbers last and final thing that many of us over look is our breaks hydro boost and big brakes should be some where in ur list i hope gl man .also tremic t56 6 spd would be bad ass like will's build

http://www.performan...ss_04-a-512387/

Edited by jgpclone (see edit history)

Thanks for the link, Clone. That's a killer build-quite the transformation.

SS thanks for the kind words. This little 4.8 ain't too shabby. I'll have to post up a video. It sounds pretty good.

Some more pics.da3yrude.jpg7a4esa7u.jpgu3u4anah.jpgehu5yzyq.jpgahyry9u3.jpgaga4enur.jpgtepehy7y.jpg3e8ypu7y.jpg8agutyma.jpg

np just by the pix theres a few more mods u can do b4 u jump in to the major stuff like 90mm tb x link make a 4" cold air intake e fans

Ok so I get the 90mmTB x link. I'd like to replace mine even if only for aesthetic reasons. Mine LOOKS 9 years old lol. How will that effect my tune?

My situation is I live 7 1/2 hrs away from the tuner, and I mod on the down low. My wife just thinks I got a tune and that's why it's louder and faster. She didn't even notice the rollpan instead of the bumper.

I asked my installer about doing a cold air intake (is this what you're referring to?) and he said what I have flows very well.

E fans? What do you mean?

This truck reminds me of an old 64 F100 I had out of High School that had a 429 Boss in it. It has that same big torque effortless feel to it.

Lol

Ok so I get the 90mmTB x link. I'd like to replace mine even if only for aesthetic reasons. Mine LOOKS 9 years old lol. How will that effect my tune?

My situation is I live 7 1/2 hrs away from the tuner, and I mod on the down low. My wife just thinks I got a tune and that's why it's louder and faster. She didn't even notice the rollpan instead of the bumper.

I asked my installer about doing a cold air intake (is this what you're referring to?) and he said what I have flows very well.

E fans? What do you mean?

This truck reminds me of an old 64 F100 I had out of High School that had a 429 Boss in it. It has that same big torque effortless feel to it.

these are easy bolt on's the ls2 90 mm tb x link ,intake tube will add a few more hp and electric fans will free up some hp insted of the clutch fan keep in mind u will need to retune imo gather a few parts b4 so when u ready to retune u get the most out of it happy modding

• 4 weeks later...

This will probably be my most inexpensive mod. I had a can of black satin spray paint laying around. I was sick of looking at my faded ghetto looking bowtie up front.e2y5u2us.jpg5amamada.jpgehepy7aj.jpg

This will have to suffice until I figure out what I'm doing with the front end long term.

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)

Cool but why didn't you just remove the bowtie instead of taping it up

Lol didn't even consider it. This took all of 15 mins. Drying was the most time consuming and then taping. It's just temporary. The bowtie has a chip in the bottom of it so its definitely going to get replaced.

• 2 months later...

Not a groundbreaking mod but ordered Lumens 3157 DRL's and front amber turn signals back at the first of March from CarID. After 7 shipping delays, they finally arrived a week ago and I finally installed them. I also ordered some Putco resistors to counter hyper flash which work great.ajysy8ah.jpga2emyqu9.jpgugequby8.jpgujatyqyb.jpgyhe9aqyt.jpg

I love how the DRL's turned out but am disappointed with the amber turn signals. The driver side is more yellow in color and the passenger side is more orange.

looking good so far. you need to get some oem 05+ e-fans it will clean up the under hood appearance and make working on stuff under the hood way easier .

Not sure exactly what you mean but I'm guessing google is my friend here. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Not sure exactly what you mean but I'm guessing google is my friend here. I'll look into it. Thanks.

look into getting some electric fans from a 2005 and up tahoe ,suburban, silverado it will get rid of the clutch fans and that huge housing that covers the fan and will look 10x better and will be easier to work on stuff.