04 4.8L 5MT SC build.

SIXJAK

I believe when I bought my tvs1900 for the SS, magnacharger told me they advertised 125 rwhp gain on the supplied pulley and tune. I think it did pretty well in your case. You do have some work to bit the 500 mark though. Im wondering what my LS6 and mp112. Will male....

Thanks for the comments. Have some more pics to post mypebu6e.jpgu3enyty2.jpgyry4yqu9.jpg

I picked up my truck last night from Whiteside Customs in McKinney. It worked out better to do that instead of pick it up this morning.

I'm very pleased with how the steel Street Scene rollpan turned out. I plan on getting the flip down license plate kit and installing a hidden hitch.

Now onto driving impressions. Mike at Whiteside said the truck was a little bit louder but not as loud as he thought it might be with the addition of catless LT's. Upon startup the difference was quite noticeable. All good though. I dig it. But I have my eye on the Corsa side exit catback. Have always loved the LT/Corsa combo on the LS motors.

Messed around with both a 2 dr M3 and a Challenger R/T today. Wife was cool and let me play. Not quite enough to take the M3 but I got the impression he was supremely annoyed that he had to work as hard he did to beat pickup lol. FTR, I have 320lbs of sand bags in my bed for winter along with about 80 lbs of luggage, my old mid pipe/cats, stock headers and stock fuel injectors, IM. So I was hauling about 460 lbs of crap. The Challenger R/T wasn't as quick as the Beemer so he lost to pickup. He asked me "what the hell I was running" at the next light. I just said it was a 4.8 with LT's and a tune LOL. You cannot hear the SC at all. He strongly disagreed. It was fun.

This truck operates as though its stock. Very smooth. I could have left the shifter in 5th all the way home. It's diesel like in that no downshifting on any hill is ever required. It seems to pull as hard in 5th as it used to in 3rd. From 65-70 acceleration is effortless in 5th gear. Drop it into 3rd and it finds 100mph in short order. The tone of the exhaust note intensifies quite a bit when the boost comes on under WOT.

It seems to be a little drony at around 68-70 under load but it wasn't too bad. I've heard/experienced bad drone before and this was doable. Frankly I'm surprised that the cat-less LT's along with the turndown after the Flowmaster doesn't produce more drone.

I thoroughly enjoyed my drive home.

Edited by SIXJAK (see edit history)

I will be doing a 1900, a smaller pulley, heads, cam, and bassani mid length headers, and other odds and ends to help with the gain

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Bassani mid length headers? What kind of gains do these provide? Can't wait to see the results of your build.

I'm not sure. They were recommended by Black Bear Performance. They have them on their 04 SS that a member on here is purchasing.

The big thing about them for me is that they are California emissions legal.

My build will be slow. It hit a stopping point because I'm in the middle of moving and funds dried up. I have to get a new daily driver and a stronger transmission before I continue. My truck started life with the 4.8

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

I'm not sure. They were recommended by Black Bear Performance. They have them on their 04 SS that a member on here is purchasing.

The big thing about them for me is that they are California emissions legal.

My build will be slow. It hit a stopping point because I'm in the middle of moving and funds dried up. I have to get a new daily driver and a stronger transmission before I continue. My truck started life with the 4.8

So the truck pictured in your sig started life as a 4.8? Is there a difference between an LQ9 and an LS2?

LQ9 is a gen 3 iron block LS2 is a Gen 4 aluminum block.

Yes it was a 4.8/4L60E/3.42/2wd. I got info about the 6.0 here and had the swap done after the 4.8 blew a head gasket. I'm happy with it. After I get a second car I'll start making more power

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

Ok. Sorry for the noob questions but is ordering an LS2 through O'Reilly's a good idea? With core I can get one for about 2350.00. Or do I need to start with better internals than the ones included in the engine they offer. Other than the Maggie, what from my 4.8 could transfer over? I'm thinking T56 too. Gotta stick with a manual.