I bought a set of Switchback bulbs (3157) from ddmtuning the first time I ordered my HIDs and they have always been an issue. The HID's work great for the most part but as far as the actual switchback bulbs go they were a problem since the beginning. First off they didn't want to fit in the socket, so after an hour or so of filing and sanding I finally was able to make them fit. The resistors that came with them were 25w 25ohm, which didn't fix hyperflashing. I went to O'rileys and bought some 10w by 25ohms (only ones they had there) which fixed the hyperflashing issue but then after driving for a few minutes I realized they turned off. The only way to get them back on was to turn them back on with the headlight knob, which is stupid to do every few minutes. I talked to another user on this website and he said to order 50w 6 ohms from ddm and the problem should be fixed, after waiting weeks for the resistors to get in it still didn't fix the problems and I'm starting to think this is hopeless lol. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or of some switchbacks that actually work right on our trucks? I would really like to fix the current ones since I've sunk around $40 bucks into it by now, but if I really do gotta use a different brand I guess I could.. Thanks!

yeah go to vleds.com, they have quality LEDS which are hard to come by lol. we sell them and have almost never had an issue with them. buy the resistors from them too. but dont use jumpers to connect it, use butt connectors or solder it to make a solid connection.

KPCarandCustomerPics403_zps0be446ea.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

cool thing is they come in 5k and 6k to match HIDs, as most only come in AROUND 8k-ish lol

it sounds to me like you put the resistor in between the DRL power wire and the ground... this is an easy mistake and no matter what resistor you use it isnt going to do anything. use a test light to make sure you have it between the turn signal power wire and ground... also i would use the 25W or 50W resistor, the 10W isnt going to work