need zippy tune!

ryanneugebauer95

i finished my cam swap and had my new coverter installed about three weeks ago, for the first week after i finished it, i couldnt drive the truck at all because it wouldnt idle and i was told its bad to drive without a tune with a cam. it took a week for my tuner (a local guy) just to get me a base tune so it would idle and be drivable. he always claims hes so busy. i didnt put my injectors in then because my adapters didnt come in. since then he has told me several times that he would get me a dyno day and a tune. everytime he has backed out on me, he never answers his phone, never calls me when he says he will and hes just impossible to work with and is terrible at running a business. ive been done with my truck for weeks now and still cant go WOT cause the injectors are well over maxed out. my buddy in town (zachm89) uses zippy, he just uses his wideband and zippy just emails a tune, but i dont have hptuners and i dont know how to get in touch with zippy or how the process even works, or how much it is. if yall could help me out with understanding how to get zippy to tune it i would appreciate it. thanks guys.

When I got my tune from Zipp, (a year ago), I did all my contact with him through the message service on his member page on this site but I have heard since then that he prefers being contacted by phone.

I got my tune from him before I did the mods then it was a pain free process to just do the mods, plug in the PCM and drive.

Call him or text him. Tell him your from the site. He is a busy man but he will get back to you and zippys customer service is great. He has answered alot of my questions. And my tunes have been spot on.

• 2 months later...

Since there are enough zippy threads already out there I'll jack this one.

Was Zippy ever out of Phoenix? Someone told me he was a while back but from the looks of it he is out of Las Vegas. Not sure if or when I'll need a tune but I was planning on trying to get a live tune if I did.

He moved to Vegas. You can always call him. He will get back to you.

Sucks for me I guess. There is another guy out here in Phoenix named Nic D that from what I have read on Ls1tech knows his $hit. Maybe I'll check him out too if I decide to get a tune because all things being equal I'd rather have it tuned in town.