Question about modding a 1500HD

rojo_143

Well it has been a while since i last posted on here due to selling my SS but i am looking to getting another truck again and I found a smoking deal on a extremely low milage 06 silverado 1500HD 2WD CC. But i have a couple of questions before I go pulling the trigger on buying it and the seller is rather old and had no idea what i was talking about. So i figured I would turn to the resident experts on here for the answers.

1. Is the front suspension coils or Torsion Bars? My research says it could be either. Being that it is an HD I figured T Bars but I figured I would ask since it listed coils as an option.

2. Would this have an engine driven fan or E-Fans?

3. What are the other differences from a regular 1500 to a HD other than the suspension?

4. Is the 6.0 in that essential the same as the SS 6.0 but just tuned differently?

Thanks any inputs or advice is appreciated,

Justin

Well it has been a while since i last posted on here due to selling my SS but i am looking to getting another truck again and I found a smoking deal on a extremely low milage 06 silverado 1500HD 2WD CC. But i have a couple of questions before I go pulling the trigger on buying it and the seller is rather old and had no idea what i was talking about. So i figured I would turn to the resident experts on here for the answers.

1. Is the front suspension coils or Torsion Bars? My research says it could be either. Being that it is an HD I figured T Bars but I figured I would ask since it listed coils as an option.

3. What are the other differences from a regular 1500 to a HD other than the suspension?

4. Is the 6.0 in that essential the same as the SS 6.0 but just tuned differently?

Justin

I'd imagine e-fans, the engine is the LQ4. Dished pistons so lower compression and less power than the SS. It is 8 lug so it will have the 10.5" 14 bolt rear end. As far as the suspension I'm not sure

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Justin

As an owner of a 1500HD I can help you out a bit

1. It has Torsion Bars. Alll GM trucks from 1988-2007 have Torsion Bars. I just had mine tweeked a bit

2. If its an 06 it should have efans

3. Think of the 1500HD as a light duty 3/4 ton, its basically a 2500 but not an HD. It has a much much higher towing and hauling capacity compared to the regualr 1500. It has a beefier frame, a Heavier duty suspesnion, 8 lug axels, the LQ4 and the 4L80e Transmission, and they only came in a crew cab standard bed

4. The LQ4 is similar to the LQ9 in the SS but not exactly the same, they share some parts, the LQ4 is 300hp and 360 ft/lbs, the LQ9 is 345hp and 380 ft/lbs

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

It should have coils if it is a 2wd. Torsion bars are only for AWD or 4wd trucks. It will also have the 14bolt rear end and 4l80e trans.

not true, i had a 03 1500hd and it was 2wd and had torsion bars . other then that digger is spot on and i beleive he just bought one as well , the 1500hd is a rare truck !! good luck with the purchase.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

No I was supposed to go look at it today but the guy called me this morning and told me he sold it. But thanks for all the info I appreciate it the hunt is still on for a new truck!! I wish I would have seen the guy selling rice eaters old truck earlier I would have been all over it for that price!!

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)