Pulled over for tint again, funny story though!

MobbinSS

So today I was driving at about 3 or so, the sun was down but still was lighting up the roads. If you don't know, I have 2 layers of 5 all around, and 20 on my entire windshield. So I go by an intersection an a cop pulls out and pulls me over. Comes up, does the sides which read 1%, so he gives me the whole tint speech an says that he's irritated at me because I keep getting pulled over and taking off tint and putting it back on. Luckily this wasn't earnest, (you aalaska members know what I mean). He seemed like a new officer. Now, to check tint they use the meter, but they cannot check for the windshield. So he asks if my windshield is tinted, I say no. He goes in front looks for a minute, comes back around and says yes there is. I say nope, if it was tinted wouldn't it look darker inside? ( I got my tint done professionally and it from inside it looks like there is no tint. He shakes his head, says god dammit your good. I ask him if he is going to right me a citation, he just looks at me and says "good luck" hahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha! Made my day!

The meter the police officer uses to measure window tint slides over the top your window and only reads tint % down the window about an inch. They ask you to roll down your window halfway and they check the % of light allowed through the glass. On my old chevy, i tinted all the windows @ 5%, but trimmed the top inch off. I had rain gaurds so you couldnt see the top inch wasnt tinted when the windows were up. I got pulled over for window tint, tinted tails, and tinted license plate cover. He told me to roll down my window, put his meter over the window, and it read NO TINT! :cool: He didnt think it was very funny. Haha.

In AK, the police drive around and look for people not wearing seatbelts, driving 1mph over the speed limit, people with tinted tails, and windows. DRIVES ME CRAZY! Been cruising around with 2points left since high school. Get some back, lose them again. Finally acquired about all my points back, and am able to afford insurance. Geico wanted over $6,000 for a 6month premium to insure the SS! Had way too many tickets to justify owning such a truck. During the quote interview, they asked if it was stock, i said yes. Haha.

When i first got the SS, i installed my cobra police scanner and radar detector/jammer, that ive been carrying in all my vehicles since i was 16. I love it. Saved me soo many times. Would have lost my license a long time ago with out it. Anyway, done rambling. You're story just reminded me of mine.

I've been pulled over for tint in my wife's Maxima before, only had 20% on the Windows though, cop was profiling and missed his guess. He gave me hell about the tint and I told him we hadn't had the car that long and that it came with tint when we bought it. He let me know, just telling me to get the tint removed...