Performance parts for transfer case

So I am in the middle of swapping to a performance 4l80e and I was just wondering if there is anything that I can do to beef up the transfer case at the same time while it is out. I already have to break it apart to change the input, so was thinking about building it up at the same time. Any info would be great and part numbers would be even better.

i would definitly get one of these while you have it open. 01-2010 GM Transfer Case Pump Upgrade Kit from Merchant Automotive

[10001]$75.00 pixel_trans.gif

There aren't really any big performance parts out there for that transfercase since it doesn't have much of a failure issue due to power. I would recomend doing a full inspection of it's parts and replace anything that is even close to being out of spec. I assume that since you are spending the money to go to the 4L80E you plan to make some serious power. Another thing to consider is replacing the viscous coupler with a new unit and sell yours as a low mile unit. At the very least check it's torque output. Viscous coupler type limited slip's don't tend to have a long life in high heat situations such as transfercase's which is why most awd cases are built with open diff's or Torsen style limited slips. Just make sure everything is in perfect condition and make sure to use a high quality Dexron 3 fluid. Do not use a Dexron 6 in the transfercase. Another option you could add is a transfercase cooler. Other than flat out abuse the main killer of the units used in the SSS trucks is heat. Installing a transfercase cooler would really help that issue.

My uncle does transmissions and I just had my Trans rebuilt/beefed up and he said the only real problem with the transfer cases is something inside flexes and overtime it rubes a hole in the casting/case. So he takes them apart checks everything out and installs some sort of plate inside to prevent that. Maybe that helps u.