My SSS just about stolen!!

bagged7104ss

Yesterday morning at my work parking lot around 9:45 am two Hispanic's in a 03'-07' Black Chevy single cab short bed with SS badges and paper plates almost got my baby. I heard my alarm in my office, didn't take it as a big deal. Started walking to where the truck was parked and heard the motor fire up. I was like wtf in my head. Started running over to were I can see the hood open. Guy in the truck spots me running over and gets in there getaway truck wile I am literary trying to kick the getaway truck. If I was seconds later my truck would have been gone. They broke in with a screwdriver. Looks like the hit the key cylinder out, broke my ignition, got past my viper alarm and had some sort of relay under the hood. I would take a pic but the cops took it with them after I filed a report. These guys were good. Alarm was not activated longer then a minute. Anyone got any tips on helping stop this? I was thinking a hood lock would be a good start. Our handles where the lock cylinder is is made of plastic, weak! This is the third attempt in the last three years on my truck. All three times I was lucky enough to hear my alarm and scare them off.

post-6804-0-98359500-1355423660_thumb.jpg

post-6804-0-50827000-1355424034_thumb.jpg

post-6804-0-65872300-1355424068_thumb.jpg

welcome to california lol . you should wire your fuel pump on a fuse that you can pull out every time you get out of the truck located in the cab where only you know where it is that way the truck wont be able to start or would start but die shortly there after because of lack of fuel.

I would get a battery back up if you dont have one. Get a good one. Even if they cut your power to your alarm the back up will continue to go off even if they cut the wire to it. The only other thing i can think of close to a hood lock would be getting locking hood pins. Thieves will always find a way around technology so there really isnt anything that can be done. If they want it bad enough they will get it. Now that they know where you work, they might be back in a few months to try again.

Lol just out of curiosity, does it matter weather or not they were "Hispanic"? Why couldn't it just be two guys tried to break into my truck, you trying to make a point or something? Would you still have described race if they were white? (I'm not being a dick whatsoever) just amazes me how color in this day and age still must be a brought up point. Anyways Sorry about your luck, I would say go with a back up battery like stated above and do a hidden fuel pump switch

Jesus dude! Thats crazy! Sounds like they knew what they were doing. Blown 346 is right. You need to figure something out so when they do come back, you'll be prepared. Sucks you'll have to keep replacing door handles and the ignition every time it happens. Ive never had an attempt at mine. Haha but then again, out of the 9months ive had it, it only had a motor in it for about 3weeks. Haha.

Lol just out of curiosity, does it matter weather or not they were "Hispanic"? Why couldn't it just be two guys tried to break into my truck, you trying to make a point or something? Would you still have described race if they were white? (I'm not being a dick whatsoever) just amazes me how color in this day and age still must be a brought up point. Anyways Sorry about your luck, I would say go with a back up battery like stated above and do a hidden fuel pump switch

Im sure he was just telling the story as it was. Didnt mean to offend. But it just so happened they were hispanic. Haha not like he said "Damn hispanics tried to steal my truck again!"

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Damn...you got soooo lucky...I installed a rear door handle on my truck ...which got rid of the lock cylinder...a couple kill switches here and there...a 9mm on my hip..and if they some how take it...what more can you do..that's what insurance is for..

December 2011 almost lost my baby at work between noon and 2 pm. Not an ss but still my truck. Got in the same way as they did you. Didn't have an alarm. Must have been amateurs because they locked up the steering column and couldn't get it. Sucked. Then the insurance wanted to leave it there overnight because the shop i wanted to take it to was closed.......i said "so they could've come back and get it this time?"

Now i have an alarm but still scared everywhere i park. Sucks we can't have nice things.