Headers and wideband gauge

I'm looking to buy some headers. I don't really want to spend 1k-1500 on a set of headers. I have been recommended to get the OBX lt headers, but have seen where some were complaining about them. What is a good header that wont break the bank and also be pretty much problem free. I don't want to have to keep buying spark plug wires because they get burnt up or anything.

Another thing is a wideband gauge. I have a p1sc procharger and I have been told that a wideband gauge will help with the tuning process. Im in the process of converting all my interior lights to blue leds so blue backlighting would be a plus. Also I don't want to spend 250-300 if i can find one around 100-150 that does the same thing.

Edited by cleansss20 (see edit history)

The only way to get anything good is to spend the cash man, sorry, but you have to pay to play. Autometer widebands are great but Im sure there are other good companies. If you become real good friends with some local mechanics, they can order shit on wholesale and not retail. Plus on the headers, only way to be totally happy is to spend the money for ARH headers. Good luck man and keep posting results on what you get.

Plus on the headers, only way to be totally happy is to spend the money for ARH headers.

I disagree with this, pacestter, obx, kooks are all good headers. Pacesetters definitely best bang for your buck and really don't have many fitment issues.

On the wideband, I have a digital Aem and love it.

I agree, Pacesetter etc are all good headers. You will hear complaints on all of them. Pacesetter seems to be the way to go, Thats what Im going to do, but spend a little more and get the ones that are hot coated for durability and to keep as much heat in the headers as possible. For burning up wires, that can happen with any header. Get some plug wire heat sleeves and your problem is solved.

I also agree the AEM wideband is the best... You will spend about $300 for it.

IMO you cant go wrong with OBX. ive had mine for a year now there doing just fine. yes the plug wires on the drivers side have to be manipulated a little but its not really hard. you just have to tie one down. Pacesetters are good but they are not stainless like OBX are. as of wideband i run the Autometer cobalt c2 to match my boost guage. only reason i picked it is because it lights up blue lol blue is the shit

I agree, Pacesetter etc are all good headers. You will hear complaints on all of them. Pacesetter seems to be the way to go, Thats what Im going to do, but spend a little more and get the ones that are hot coated for durability and to keep as much heat in the headers as possible. For burning up wires, that can happen with any header. Get some plug wire heat sleeves and your problem is solved.

I also agree the AEM wideband is the best... You will spend about $300 for it.

You can pick them up on ebay now brand new for $150 - $200