Any updates here? Lots of great info. I'll be doing the swap myself this next summer. Kinda irritated that I even wasted my time building a 65E. My opinion, if you plan on making big power in the future, don't waste your time with the 65. I've got over 4K into the 65, torque converter, Flexplate, etc... I could have had an 80E for the same price, if not less.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter what 80E I go with? As long as is 4wd right? Would a '98 work as well as a '06?

I'll keep doing some research and post my findings here. Maybe I'll stumble upon a good write up to share.

Looks like post number #15 asked that question and chpspecial answered in post #16. Sounds like a 98 would work but requires some transmission cooler line mods from what he said.

anybody want to post driveshaft lengths!? Since im going to have to get them built I dont want to wait until I have the trans mounted in the truck. I would rather have them being made and shipped while im doing everything else so the down time isn't as long. Anybody with this done please go out with a tape measure and help a brotha out lol