• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

AWD and 4x4 trucks with 60e's don't have a speed sensor on the transmission at all actually. And the 80s have a spot for an input speed sensor (front) and output speed sensor (rear) on the driver side of the transmission. Only the rear sensor location is used when you do the swap which is what you have to run to the PCM. DO NOT use any wires located inside the main wire loom or run the two speed sensor wires near or with any other factory wiring. Loom them together separately from all other wires to avoid electrical interference in the speed sensor wiring. In essence, you're just adding a speed sensor to a system that didn't have one from the factory on the transmission. The swap itself was very simple though, just swap out the flexplate and torque converter, extend one tranny cooler line so it reaches the back of the transmission, shorten factory rear driveshaft or have a new one built, lengthen front shaft or have new one built, modify crossmember, speed sensor wired to PCM, swap two wires in the main tranny connector, flash in 80e segment swap to the tune and you're done. Takes some time but overall definitely worth the time and effort!

Almost ready, just got my adapter from timetokill and picked up a stage 3 built 4l80e. So i Need to get a flex plate for a 4l80e, is that correct?

you can also get the spacer from raptor transmission. just google raptor transmissions if you cant find a flex plate with the spacer already on it. on there site just look for the 4l60 to 4l80 swap parts. I think the spacer is like 115.00 or something.

• 2 months later...

It coming very slow, mainly because I work way to much. I have the old transmission out and I have started to clean up the frame and then paint it back up. Also got a bunch of stuff ordered and waiting for it to come in. Hopefully this up coming long weekend, I don't work and ccan get a bunch of stuff done

It coming very slow, mainly because I work way to much. I have the old transmission out and I have started to clean up the frame and then paint it back up. Also got a bunch of stuff ordered and waiting for it to come in. Hopefully this up coming long weekend, I don't work and ccan get a bunch of stuff done

I gottcha. Work gets in the way of all kinds of fun stuff.

Sounds like your doing it nice, with the frame cleaning and paint. :thumbsup: