1bad2k's SS clone rcsb awd

1BAD2K

Well I sold my 06 SS almost a year ago now, so I figured it was time to start my build on what I believe the SS should have been. A single cab awd truck with too much power! Its been two months to the day since i purchased my 2006 black rcsb z71. I havent gotten too far into the conversion yet as I thought I would. I have a complete cladding kit with OEM brackets. I have already installed some chrome stock ss wheels. I have a full interior from a totaled truck with less than 10K on it, so the leather on the ss seats i have is immaculate. Unfortunately it had the z71 fender flares which scratched through the paint on EVERY fender!! I will be dropping it off at the paint shop to be repaired and having the bed stake holes welded up along with painting the cladding and all other miscellaneous parts needed to be color matched.I also have purchased a mp112 which will probably go on in the spring. Anyways on to some pics.

Edited by 1BAD2K (see edit history)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, is there such a thing as too much power? :peelout: Thats gonna be a beauty of an truck, cant wait to see it when shes done. It looks good already actually! Ill be following your build man, please keep us updated! :pepsicheer:

Lol thanks guys. It'll def be getting a set of shackles and hangers in the rear, and dim a-arms and keys up front. The blower set me back and having to pay for the paint work won't be cheap. I'm taking it to the best dude around. I am extremely anal when it comes to paint. Lol.

Thanks for doing this! You just had to start building what i've been dying to build and tempt me into it even more. lol.

This is going to be a very nice quality build and I can't wait to see it go through it's journey.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!!!

I'm glad to report that the truck is at the paint shop with my entire cladding and bumpers. I am unfortunately having to get all the fenders painted bc the z71 flares rubbed through the paint at every corner. I am also having the bed stake holes welded up and smoothed for a clean look. Will post pics asap when I get it back. It'll be a week in come Saturday so hopefully only another couple of weeks.

Its about damn time!! LOL I've been waiting for you to start this damn thread ever since you texted me pics the day you got the truck!! Haha

Good luck with the build man...I can definitely say from doing mine, it's a ton of fun to build and see it come together!:) I know it will turn out great!

Thanks bro. If mine comes out lookin as good as yours ill be more than happy. I did snap some pics from the paint shop today. They got the bed pockets shaved and some primer on the truck and all my cladding.

post-8854-0-32532100-1349487837_thumb.jpg

post-8854-0-49094100-1349487857_thumb.jpg

post-8854-0-27067900-1349487877_thumb.jpg