Carls 2001 Sierra ECSB Build

Carl Eagle

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to be a great build like the last!

Your one of the few guys on here with paint in their blood and an engine for a heart!

Thats a unique way to put it...lol I think I live for this stuff!

I have gotten a little bit done, I am almost ready to coat the frame. I will post some pics up soon.

The cab was outside, but I done the work on the frame in the garage. The cab was just basically jaked up and the old bent frame was pulled out from under it.lol. It was alot of work but everything worked out. I basically stacked concrete blocks up and used 4x4s to support the cab until I could get the good frame with engine and tranny already installed under it and then let it down a little at a time. I had a buddy help me with it or I couldnt have done it this way. I thought about putting a hoist in the tree above it but Im not as young as I used to be and didnt want to climb the tree. I would love to have a lift in my garage but I just do with what I have to work with.

Thanks for the comeback, Carl.

Your method of raising and lowering the cab sounds just like the way I have been known to do things, from time to time.

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. :)

In the last couple years I've found a girlfriend with a barn so I've taken some projects inside, (as opposed to the yard), and it feels like uptown.

I know exactly what you mean about not being as young as we once were. It has a way of forcing you to use your head a little more than your back.

I look forwarrd to your next update.

• 1 month later...