Diggerdan11's 1969 Chevy C/20 Build

diggerdan11

Hi Everyone,

I figured since so many people were excited about the 1969 Chevy C/20 I just purchased I would create a build thread so yall can keep up with the progress.

This is going to be a fun project truck. Its going to be a joint effort between my Dad and I. Im sure we are goin to have to make some major Compromises since what we think is "cool" is not the same thing. I want to keep the 20s, he wants to get rid of them. He wants to put the 69 Door Panels back on, and I think the 69 ones are ugly and want to put the 67-68 ones on. But there are a few things we do agree on. It needs clear corner lenses, HID Headlights, and LED tails. It also needs a nice stereo system, speakers, amp, and sub. It also needs custom bucket seats. Its so great that it has a rebuilt 350 with a big ol' carb on it. But It needs headers and a loud exhaust. Not sure what color we are going to paint it, but we are leaning toward a dark burgundy red, or maybe a plumb color.

Here are a couple pics of what it looks like right now. Currently its missing the grill, and has a 71-72 bumper. we are going to be replacing that with a stock 69 grill and bumper. Of course the truck is just primered right now, and is missing the corner lights, and the wood bed is rotten.

2012-06-29_17-36-54_401.jpg

2012-06-29_17-39-41_551.jpg

2012-06-29_17-36-32_343.jpg

2012-06-29_17-47-04_514.jpg

I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this build. We will most likely not start doing much on it until next year, since im in the middle of a house remodel, and my dad is out of state for work for the rest of the year.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Well Im reviving this thread. It has been a super busy year and I have not had any chance to work on the pickup. I finally got a chance to start tearing her apart to get her ready for paint and body work

This morning I removed the tailights, headlights, front bumper, and I began stripping the interior. I pulled out the seats and flooring. The floor of the cab is in a lot worse shape than I thought i was so I will have to see what my body guy say. I hope I dont have to replace the entire floor. Just hoping its a couple panels.

IMG_20131117_103956_078_zpsdbe503f4.jpg

IMG_20131117_095726_380_zps65c618c8.jpg

IMG_20131117_103937_070_zpse466a7ec.jpg

IMG_20131117_112733_817_zps4305cf43.jpg

IMG_20131117_120715_959_zpsa75d5bb8.jpg

Next up Im going to finish pulling the interior. Then I will removed the gas tank, and then we will pull the radiator and radiator support and then we will pull the engine. Once everything is removed We will load it on a trailer and take it to paint. Which may take a few months.

Hey Dan,

Good to see your back to work on the truck.

Are you going to leave the gas tank in the cab or move it out under the bed?

Looks like you got some decent rubber with the truck. That would convince me to leave the 20's on it at least till the tires are shot. :jester:

:pop:

Hey Dan,

Good to see your back to work on the truck.

Are you going to leave the gas tank in the cab or move it out under the bed?

Looks like you got some decent rubber with the truck. That would convince me to leave the 20's on it at least till the tires are shot. :jester:

:pop:

I'm liking this build Dan can't wait to see the progress. I like the wheels also not the falkens tho, had them they were the worse tire ever. What color u gonna paint it?

Thanks guys. Yeah i also like the 20's. I think we are going to lower it a little more and the lower stance will look great with the 20's. Those tires are brand spanking new so no point in changing them till they wear out.

Yes I am also planning on pulling out the Gas tank and putting one under the bed. Should give us a little more room for seats as well as maybe some speakers and a sub.

Not 100% sure what color we are going to go with. We may go with a Burgundy Red but im pretty sure we are going to go with Atomic Orange from a Corvette. it will look like this:

32364474006_large_zpsd94247ac.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I really like that color a lot my buddies camaro is painted that color and it's Awesome. It's gonna look great for sure.

post-21185-0-16471800-1384738531_thumb.jpg

I'm def gonna keep up with this build. I'm assuming your gonna show it with your dad?

^ Yeah my dad and working on this together. He is paying for the paint and body so I kinda have to go with what color he wants, and I am fine with the Orange. I wanted to paint it the same color as his 69 Chevelle, but my dad hates that color. I think it would be really cool to have the truck and the Chevelle the same color

IMG_2100.jpg

Floor looks good for a 67-72, unless there is a lot of hidden rust... I agree with the atomic orange you will like it for sure, my truck is painted Copperhead and its amazing when the sun hit it (although sun is a rare thing to see in Alaska when it rains all summer) lol. If you ever have any question about 67-72's ask away, I just finished up doing my dad's 1972 K20 Super Cheyenne. Looks like you have a solid start, good luck with the build!