Lowered AWD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm it was Norcalls djm/belltech kit. Shackle/hanger with spindles. The only weird thing about the whole thing was it was fine for like 2 or 3 months then the one in the pictures above broke like it did and as soon as I would put a new one in it would pop out when the wheels turned. Lengthened them and have had no problems since.

How much did you lengthen them by?

• 4 weeks later...

Im 3" in front and 3.5" in back. I used 3" lca's in front and hangers and shackles in rear. i got my rear set on a 3" drop, but my leafs are kinda worn out so it sits at a 3.5" drop. My truck rides pretty dam good for being dropped and i absolutely love the lca's up front. I dont lose any turning radius at all.

Would using the spindles effect your turning radius vs the a-arms you used?

Are there any issues with the cv shafts when just lowering the front just 2"?

Would using the spindles effect your turning radius vs the a-arms you used?

Are there any issues with the cv shafts when just lowering the front just 2"?

yes, with spindles you loose turning radious.. and i think 3" is the most you want to go without putting your cv's at a bad angle. Anymore than a 3" drop up front you risk cv axle damage. Not saying it will happen, but more subject to run into problems

i talked to him and im thinking the shop is trying to get over on him. THey prob had the truck in the air when they checked ds location but we all know when it goes back on the ground gets pused back. I hate when shops take advantage of people.

he's a friend of mine. All the work done, I know he wouldn't do this to mess up all his work done to truck already, or get one on me. I just wondered if it was common and what might of caused it. I've just never read anyone doing it. I wouldn't have done it if I had to pay more. I know people miss things sometimes, but I'm sure it'll work out. Didn't mean for it to sound bad. I did find out it was done at ride height and was done right, so I'm sure it'll all work out.

Edited by Tvsquez (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 04 silverado with all bell tech and cranked torision. The rear gives me probs tho Ds was rubbing when hangers and shackles in tried dif angles on Ds but would still vibrate around 65 70mph was at 3.5 in rear pretty sure wanna go back to that low. Right now have stock front shackles on leaf spring wanna put all lowering again but don't want Ds rubin cross member and shit