Lowered AWD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 3" in front and 3.5" in back. I used 3" lca's in front and hangers and shackles in rear. i got my rear set on a 3" drop, but my leafs are kinda worn out so it sits at a 3.5" drop. My truck rides pretty dam good for being dropped and i absolutely love the lca's up front. I dont lose any turning radius at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think cv's are gonna have any issue with dropping 5-7 as mine is 3-4 front 5 rear and they are not at any angle that would hurt anything

you guys having issues with cv's are most likely high miles, the awd trucks are always working the cv's hard not like 4x4's that just spin free

not saying some of you guys may run into a cv axle getting in a bind situation because of damaged front ends or trucks being in a wreck but both of mine

have lots of room as i checked with torsion bars out to move full travel

easy fix if you do have a bind, take axles out and apart machine off the ends and machine new lock ring grooves

Hmmm maybe... I dunno after putting the new replacement one in i could feel it "popping" when turning left at full lock or close to it. Almost like the gears were about to slide out of the housing. I can see the first one breaking due to wear, but not a brand new one.

I think if i get LCA's and UCA's it might help keep everthing together. I have found CV axle shafts with a slip joint in the middle to allow it to expand and contract when needed, typically for lifted trucks, but it's $500+ for one...

Is the belltech 2/2 awd silverado kit a good one? i am running 24"s. Any rubbing issues? Or anything i should know before i do this? Thanks

what is the kit set up as spindles or keys?

also how many miles on the truck. If your going to lower it and truck has high mileage i also go with the belltech sp shocks on my customers trucks.

• 2 weeks later...

front djm 3 inch arms

front belltech spindles

rear belltech flip kit

rear djm shackles

5/7 drop and aligns one thing the spindles with control arms keeps angle better

Have you ever fitted 24" with this set up??? I think I would have to go with different rims since my wheels are flush with outside of the fenders, or is there something you can do to get around that?

Maybe your install was different Blown or I have somehow installed mine wrong but using the 3/4 kit and then torquing my keys down more was too much for the axles. I had mine lengthened a little to fix the issues but I went through 3 stock cv axles on the passenger side in a week before I knew what was going on. Going straight was fine but as soon as you turn it would pull the knuckle out of the tracks in the cv housing. Or do like my first one did.

2010-12-08_16-54-03_480.jpg

This is how much of an angle they are at, which pulls one of the three knuckles almost out at all times which puts alot of strain on it.

2010-12-08_17-07-42_559.jpg

Uhm it was Norcalls djm/belltech kit. Shackle/hanger with spindles. The only weird thing about the whole thing was it was fine for like 2 or 3 months then the one in the pictures above broke like it did and as soon as I would put a new one in it would pop out when the wheels turned. Lengthened them and have had no problems since.