Lowered AWD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read that 2-3" in the front is the most you want to go due to the cb joints being at an extreme angle beyond that. My truck was 2wd so it was different but soon ill be in an awd and looking at a 2/4.

Dunno really lol only had the drop on for a few hundred miles before I broke a valve but I didn't notice anything different with the drop. And found out later I had snapped my top mount for the shock so I lost half a shock on my passenger side (they were shit shocks anyways) so don't cheap out on shocks. And a cnotch is a must, mine was banging pretty bad in the back.

i'm 4/6 with spindles/keys up front, already ruined one cv shaft lol. Looking at getting a custom made lengthened one and it'll never really happen again after that.

How does it ride? Did you crank the keys down after you put em in?

Yeah keys fully decranked, rides aight, woukd be better with the lca like norcal just posted, im planning on getting em eventually, just don't feel like doing that amount of work right now. Fronts ride on the bumpstops but it rides good, handles tight

I am runnning Shacles and Hangers in the back right know giving about a 4" drop. What did you guys do to get more. a flip kit and put the factory shackles and hangers back?

Yup exactly that. my rears rub pretty bad, need to get smaller tired/more offset

Just wondering what is the most that anyone here has there AWD SS lowered. and what they used for it.

front djm 3 inch arms

front belltech spindles

rear belltech flip kit

rear djm shackles

5/7 drop and aligns one thing the spindles with control arms keeps angle better

• 4 weeks later...

front djm 3 inch arms

front belltech spindles

rear belltech flip kit

rear djm shackles

5/7 drop and aligns one thing the spindles with control arms keeps angle better

Damn that truck must have been really slammed...