Cold Air Intake

Marvin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it add any hp?

This is the same as the Spectre Intakes. Would it add HP? Sure. Why wouldnt it? Your removing the restrictive factory one with one that wont restrict air flow. With it breathing easier, it will increase the volume of air going to the engine, in turn adding more HP.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

It wont add much without the truck being tuned. You will gain more HP with other modifications than just the Cold Air intake. You will benefit more if you have say exhaust, intake manifold etc. The more you can get into the motor and the faster you can get it out is what makes Power.

It is a good mod to do even stock as it lets more air in, it will even help a little with gas mileage. My guess would be less than 10 HP with just the cold air setup.

It wont add much without the truck being tuned. You will gain more HP with other modifications than just the Cold Air intake. You will benefit more if you have say exhaust, intake manifold etc. The more you can get into the motor and the faster you can get it out is what makes Power.

It is a good mod to do even stock as it lets more air in, it will even help a little with gas mileage. My guess would be less than 10 HP with just the cold air setup.

It's stock right now but hopefully ill get to do the exhaust and headers this year. Ill probably try and do this soon but had to pay $160 to get the ac in the truck fixed

I have a vararam and I don't like it. To net their claimed gains you must remove the lower radiator shroud and like a moron I did. The engine temperature will begin to climb to 212 and sometimes higher at red lights in 80 degree weather. The kit still uses the factory intake tube which to me is the most important part to replace.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...