Finally fixed my boost issue...

Long story short, my dual boost controller was working until today. We thought it was the regulator and I got that on yesterday morning while the wife was looking for an open flame heat up that nail with :jester: but she found it before I got to test it.

I was pissed this morning when it didn't work... But I FINALLY found the trouble. The mechanic must have run out of 1/8th vacuum line and had used fuel line between the BC pump and the waste gate. Both ends slid off and on with no effort, so it must not have been holding the seal. $3 and 18" of 1/8th vac line later, y voila 10 psi :)

hehe... took my wife for a ride...

She was very quiet for a second, and then started picking up all the stuff that came flying out of the dash shelves (did a nice 2 psi launch for her), and suggested I need to buy some velcro tape.

Then she said "Do it again."

:cheers:

BTW, to get 2 psi, I mashed the brake to the floor and went WOT. Surprisingly, the truck didn't creep... I never expected the truck to transfer weight like that. Very interesting in a muhuhahahaha kind of way.

Of course, it might have just been slipping like crazy, but it didn't fell or smell like it. The launch was pretty strong too. Being the AT newb that I am, should I be able to go WOT and 2 psi while standing still on the stock TC? I didn't expect this at all (thought it would buck and creap)

My buddy in his 01' 6.0L HD just stands on the brake and goes WOT even with his 3500stall. Not sure if he can do that with the nitrous though as you'd probably break something.

I glad to hear you could do it though. I am gonna try it when I get mine back because when I tried to make that ONE run before the fire I couldn't get any boost by stalling it up but I also didn't try mashing the pedal like you did you freak! :P

Since I've learned that the "methanol" sold to me by the local autoshop can actually be used to put out open flame, I'm sure I'll be turning up the boost next weekend when I get actual 100% meth in there.

I wish I could paint an accurate picture of this parts shop -- they are such idiots :puke: I can run the junk (it does have methyl alch in it) as a crappy coolant, but it doesn't add to the fuel factor or cool that well. Given all that, I was hitting 10 psi with <1.5 KR (but it is crazy rich atm with the steeper PE curve).

I found actual race methanol at local ricer shop for $3 a gallon.

The methanol put out an open flame??? Maybe by dousing it but if it is 100% meth it's gonna be flamable. LOL

My truck is running now too. But we are getting weird MAF readings at WOT. I wonder if I am just maxing it out or something, :confused:

The methanol put out an open flame??? Maybe by dousing it but if it is 100% meth it's gonna be flamable. LOL

My truck is running now too. But we are getting weird MAF readings at WOT. I wonder if I am just maxing it out or something, :confused:

Exactly -- there is no way its 100% methanol as advertised. I didn't douse it - I poured a small amount out and tossed a match which went right out. Then I tried to light the fluid with a grill lighter... Nada.

I'm thinking it's maybe 20% meth. I'd think even 50/50 would burn, but I dunno.

What do you mean about the weird readings? Do you use EFI Live or HPT? I know HPT has an overflow bug in the current version and will read negative on large MAF values.

Archived