Whats My Gear Ratio, With 22'S

Silverad0 SS

I plan on buying matte black SSS'S 22's reps, on 285/35r22's. thats 29.30in an stockers are 31.91 thats 2.6 inch smaller tire, whats that gonna make my gear ratio??

whats that gonna make my gear ratio??

I would park it your gear ratio is going to be stupid highyellow_loser.gif Gear ratiocrackup.gif speedo is going 2 change a little

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Your gear ratio won't change, but your speedo will be off.

not correct. Changing the tires size changes the final drive ratio of the truck. Running a smaller tire can be compared to changing to a numericaly higher gear ratio. You can tweak your gear ratio in for the track by changing tires sizes. This is why a lot of guys run a 28" tall tire.

In this case running the new tire size is the same as running a 4.46 rear gear.

So what would I need to do when i get them to at least 4:10??

To get back to the stock final drive ratio with the smaller tire?

nothing...leave it be an enjoy the better acceration, but have your tuner change your tune for the size.

If you really want to go through the work to get back to the same final drive ratio, you would need to:

Buy front and rear gears with rebuild kits, about $800

might as well buy another rear diff, since ours suck, about $500ish

labor to set them up and install, in my area about 400-600 per axle

so round it to about $2300

the gear you would need is 3.76 to even it back out

i think 3.73 is the closest gear gm has for us.

or buy the rims, not the tires. Then put a new set of tires on that have the same roll out as our stock tires do

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Yes, although the rims weigh more, you'll probably still gain in 60 foot time, or your stoplight to stoplight race. Hard to say what It will do in the quarter because of the added rim weight, unless you luck out and they end up being the same weight or better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

To get back to the stock final drive ratio with the smaller tire?

nothing...leave it be an enjoy the better acceration, but have your tuner change your tune for the size.

If you really want to go through the work to get back to the same final drive ratio, you would need to:

Buy front and rear gears with rebuild kits, about $800

might as well buy another rear diff, since ours suck, about $500ish

labor to set them up and install, in my area about 400-600 per axle

so round it to about $2300

the gear you would need is 3.76 to even it back out

i think 3.73 is the closest gear gm has for us.

or buy the rims, not the tires. Then put a new set of tires on that have the same roll out as our stock tires do

In case he didn't say it, i will....Thanks sniper. Even after i can't find anything i wanna buy in the for sale section, i still log on to this site after several years as a member because of insight like yours on different subjects. You may or may not be correct in your statement, that's not the point. But you make a pretty interesting and valid argument without making anyone feel like a dumbass. If i want to look into this, i'll take your information and research further. If not, it's still interesting reading. Nice contribution on the subject.

In case he didn't say it, i will....Thanks sniper. Even after i can't find anything i wanna buy in the for sale section, i still log on to this site after several years as a member because of insight like yours on different subjects. You may or may not be correct in your statement, that's not the point. But you make a pretty interesting and valid argument without making anyone feel like a dumbass. If i want to look into this, i'll take your information and research further. If not, it's still interesting reading. Nice contribution on the subject.

If i am wrong on anything, i need to be told. Spreading bad info is worse then not saying anything at all. Differences of opinions will always be there, but being wrong is still being wrong.

Guys like you, benkey, mr p, zippy, krambo, fuel slut, kaotic, bigtex and others never made me feel bad about my questions, no need to come down on the next generation of owners.

Thanks

Brad

exactly, i knew the ratio would increase just didn't know what its results would be, thanks for help