houston05tx

320 members have voted

1. 1. how many people own a awd sss vs 2wd sss

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I personally think that they should of made this truck in a 4x4 configuration. Turn it on when needed and keep it off other times. My father in law has a 2004 AWD SS, and when it iced down here in Dallas last month, I had to borrow his truck so my wife could get to work. Talk about ****ing confidence man. That truck was a freaking boss! I dont care what anyone says, having driven both of them literally 5 minutes apart, my RWD SS is just as fast, and alot faster from any speed roll. The AWD from a roll really sucks the power.

I just wish I could press a button and turn it on and off. That would be best of both worlds.

I personally think that they should of made this truck in a 4x4 configuration. Turn it on when needed and keep it off other times. My father in law has a 2004 AWD SS, and when it iced down here in Dallas last month, I had to borrow his truck so my wife could get to work. Talk about ****ing confidence man. That truck was a freaking boss! I dont care what anyone says, having driven both of them literally 5 minutes apart, my RWD SS is just as fast, and alot faster from any speed roll. The AWD from a roll really sucks the power.

I just wish I could press a button and turn it on and off. That would be best of both worlds.

X2

• 1 month later...

I loved the SSSs from the time I saw the first one but was heartbroken when I learned they were AWD.

Then, in '06, I saw they were then making them in 2WD. I couldn't get to the dealership fast enough. I guess it would have been different if I lived where Winter happens often.

BTW, 800 pounds over the rear wheels and like new tires allowed me to go just about anywhere I wanted in our last two bouts of Winter weather in the ATL. As long I could get around the idiots who didn't have a clue how to drive in snow and/or ice.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...