Poll: AWD Vs 2WD?

houston05tx

320 members have voted

1. 1. how many people own a awd sss vs 2wd sss

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the back tires dont last too long on the 2WD's.

As long as you keep traction control on and stay out of it they will last just as long. It's no different than driving a really big camaro or trans am oh and the handling lol

AWD. its what sold me on the truck. and now I just love the confidence I get from it.

I must admit, when I first was in the market for a truck I was looking at the Z71's cause I need to tow the sled and seadoo around and sometimes end up in some unplowed cottage roads. I said to my friend that I found a nice SSS for sale but didnt want to be stuck with RWD. He told me it was AWD and within the week I settled the deal. LOVE cruising around in the truck.. Cant say much about the fuel tho, lol.

I consider my self a good driver and can modulate a throttle very well. I have driven both AWD and 2WD both in stock and modified forms and I must say that you 2wd guy must not have enough power to make a difference or you guy have some real sticky tires. For the street, stock for stock, its a toss up. high power, AWD hands down. there is no better feeling than merging into traffic at full throttle and not having to worry about breaking loose and taking someone, something out. ALSO, WTF is the point of having a high powered vehicle if you cant use the power.dunno.gif

Very well said. I got this truck to hang corners and rage out of them. The 1st thing I noticed when I saw it was the AWD sticker, and from racing in the snow previouisly, it was not even a debate the truck was mine. If it was a 2wd I wouldnt have bought it. However, I am craving a DEI SS or Srt-10 Nite Runner to have the best of both worlds.

I wanted a Silverado SS since they released them. I wouldn't buy one until they released it in 2wd. I was in the dealer the minute I heard about the 2wd. I owned it a couple weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...