A/C, Heating Blower Motor Question

blueracer

About a month ago my blower fan thing started to act weird. Would only work on the selection 5. Start truck today and nothing is blowing at all. Would it just be the blower motor? After doing some searching all I could come up with was either the motor or the blower motor resistor. I know alot of this mite sound off but I don't know much when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks guys

• 3 months later...

NOT_SLO - the Blower Control Module is what it was always referred to on mine (w/ the auto control). Very common problem with the 03-07 Silverado's. It's not a cheap replacement either.

thanks! so will this part fix my problem?

http://www.autozone....935_0_3330_1260

EDIT- part number JA1582

Edited by NOT_SLO (see edit history)

seriously need one of you guys to call me 713-45nine- 57nine two

i really need this fix asap

problem is im having the SAME problem as him BUT when i go to chevy and tell them that *even when i turn it on high i only get a bress when im driving* there telling me its not that module its the blower fan

i just need someone to tell me what i need! i really wish the guy with the blue truck posted back what happen..

and yes i have auto a/c

Edited by NOT_SLO (see edit history)

NOT_SLO, the problem is the blower resistor, it's very common, I had the same symptoms as you when mine quit.

To everyone wondering, the blower resistor is located on the bottom of the blower motor housing, and can be accessed easily by removing the black kick panel underneath the glove box.......

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue in MN.blower stays on after truck is shut off. called the dealership, they ran my vin. said only the manual type was covered, not our type with auto. looks like we need to complain to GM to get them to cover them all.

I'm having the same issue in MN.blower stays on after truck is shut off. called the dealership, they ran my vin. said only the manual type was covered, not our type with auto. looks like we need to complain to GM to get them to cover them all.

I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. It will allow me to look up any recalls or bulletins that may fall under it. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

• 3 months later...

I had a similar problem and replaced the blower motor resistor. Problem is that the blower fan will still not work 15% - 20% of the time. I never know when I get in the truck if it will come on or not; when it does....no problem; when it doesn't I freeze or cook...take your choice.

Before I go to the dealer, I thought I would ask if anyone had any ideas. I thought this might be like that funky heated seat issue where the controls for that are electronically linked to the power seat and auto pedal adjustment controls.